By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Uwe Boll Has Meltdown Following Failed Kickstarter.

Are his movies Pond Scum Crap?

Yes. 92 100.00%

Total:92

UWE BOLL HAS MELTDOWN FOLLOWING FAILED KICKSTARTER

Third time's the charm.

Movie director Uwe Boll has released a couple of YouTube videos lamenting the failure of his third crowdfunding campaign.

Boll's rants are full of swear words and language that is definitely NFSW, so if you do opt to watch then be sure to do so with headphones!

The director, best known for his critically-panned video-game-to-screen adaptations like BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark and Far Cry, was trying to raise money for Rampage 3 but without much success. His previous failed campaigns include one for Postal 2, while one for Rampage 3 first failed to garner sufficient interest on Indiegogo and the same now looks set to happen Kickstarter.

In the videos, which you can see below, Boll eloquently says, "So, basically, my message is f*** yourselves. It looks like no one gives a s*** about Rampage 3 so maybe I shouldn't do it then. I have enough money to play golf 'til I'm dead.

"I wanted to do Rampage 3 because it is an important movie, but it looks like you are easier [sic] giving $600k to make a movie about some r******d wizard in the forest or some Marvel Avengers bulls*** dirt. So goodbye and goodbye Hollywood."

The first video focuses mainly on those who decided not to back Boll's campaigns, though a second, longer video attacks Hollywood as a whole, various actors and actresses including Jennifer Lopez and Robert Downey Jr., and foreign film investors.

The last few years have not been hugely kind to Boll. He made a play for the director's job on the Warcraft movie when Sam Raimi left but before Duncan Jones signed on, though wasn't successful. It seems Blizzard may be familiar with his filmography, considering the company's Paul Sams responded saying "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you…especially not to you." 

Luke Karmali is IGN's UK News Editor. You too can revel in mediocrity by following him on Twitter.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/08/uwe-boll-has-meltdown-following-failed-kickstarter

He deserves not getting any Kickstarter money. And calling Avengers crap? I guess his movies are the crap of pond scum then.

Around the Network

youtube link ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

How can we keep on living with this loss?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

So does Uwe actually believe himself to be a good director? I mean, he isn't that delusional, right?

This guy would bash everyone. Even before any of this supposed final rant, this guy would bash the videogames he suppsedly adapted, the fans, even the actors and actresses. It shouldn't surprise him that no one wants to support him, even without entering in the argument that he has no talent.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

"I wanted to do Rampage 3 because it is an important movie [...]"

Can we get "retarded wizard in the forest" funded or what?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

He's just mad Germany changed its tax code so that companies that willingly made bad movies no longer get all of their money back, which originally meant that everything made at the box office was pure profit. So, no more work for him, since Hollywood can no longer make money off of his garbage.

So, this guy thinks the proper response to a failed KickStarter is to say "fuck you"...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Hynad said:

"I wanted to do Rampage 3 because it is an important movie [...]"

Exactly my reaction.