By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Sony winning the console war?

?

Marketing 259 26.84%

Fantastic games 207 21.45%

Big N and MS need to do a better job 296 30.67%

Cultists fans 92 9.53%

More mainstream 111 11.50%

Total:965
pixelating said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Easy now fella. I'm a hater now? Please construct a debate on why I am and why you think I'm wrong. It's only my opinion at the end of the day. We all have them and people won't agree sometimes. This is why we have a debate and are necessary to put your point across.

You need to stop acting like the Wii U is being victimised.

You never put any point across.

Really?

I guess I "didn't" put a point across then! We'll leave it at that.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Because they weren't retarded when they launched their console.

This and brand power. They were retarded with the PS3, still it managed to sell a good amount on brand power until Sony turned that ship slowly in the right direction. The competitors don't have this brand power (also not Nintendo), so if Sony does make nothing big wrong they sell good. And as the competitors both fucked up this gen Sony sells a lot PS4.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

megafenix said:

Wii u certainly is not as powerful as the other two new consoles, but there are games in wii u that also have good leap from past generation

Good leap over Wii for sure. Not so much over PS3/360. I'm not taking a shot at Wii U as I like the console. To me it's a step in the right direction.

megafenix said:

Wii u certainly is not as powerful as the other two new consoles, but there are games in wii u that also have good leap from past generation

I don't think that was his point.

He's just arguing that saying that Wii U gives a "next gen feeling" while PS4 and X1 do not is strange since the leap from past generations if quite evident for all three consoles. However Nintendo's console is much more dated and it's a fact.

Indeed saying that ps4 and xbox one feel like a "new phone" while Wii U is such a big deal because we have for the first time 720p in Nintendo games is a little too much imho...oh well, I don't even care anymore.

last92 said:
megafenix said:

I don't think that was his point.

He's just arguing that saying that Wii U gives a "next gen feeling" while PS4 and X1 do not is strange since the leap from past generations if quite evident for all three consoles. However Nintendo's console is much more dated and it's a fact.

Indeed saying that ps4 and xbox one feel like a "new phone" while Wii U is such a big deal because we have for the first time 720p in Nintendo games is a little too much imho...oh well, I don't even care anymore.

I see, even fanboys shouldnt say things like that

User has been moderated for this post.

- Shinobi-san

Around the Network

>>>>> Marketing .

-Better and bigger games support (already, but especially if you consider the future and their insane first-party)
-Better hardware
-Better pricing
-No awful misfire by attacking gamers and consumer rights
-Better controller
-Better online subscription offer
-Far more diverse set of developers, especially considering their Japanese third-party monopoly
-More focus on gaming-related features over media ones
-The PlayStation name is the biggest and most respected in the world, so they have the advantage even in an even playing field

More and better games according to a few threads floating around here. Also more powerful than all of the competition. Motionvoice control is optional and was not forced at any point. A decent launch price, comfortable controller, and they didn't at any point threaten to do something that pissed off the entire Internet.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

What gamers wanted from their new consoles:

Best Power (Hardware & Graphics) - PS4 clear winner at launch, X1 can't match PS4.
Best Value - PS4 was the clear winner at launch, X1 been playing catch up.
Best Games - X1 one might of edge out PS4 at launch but PS4 had a promising lineup.
Best Marketing - Sony learned from passed mistake while Xbox made a bunch of mistakes of their own this gen. Sony focus on what gamers wanted while Microsoft was trying to tell us how it should be. PS4 clear winner.

Nintendo is confused and doesn't know why no one wants their consoles that is a better fit for the 7th gen. Nintendo failed to deliver on Power, Value & Marketing. Their game are few and far between and almost no support form 3rd party. Nintendo shouldn't not even be included in the console war discussion.

Not only they have better support from third parties (which makes their libraries more robust and droughts are not as easy to see), but also Sony gives to their fanbase exciting games that they asked for.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile