By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii U and PS Vita totally deserve what has become of them

Do the Wii U and Vita deserve the sales they have

No they deserve less 37 7.77%

Vita deserves Less, Wii U... 19 3.99%

Wii U does deserve more, Vita deserves less 131 27.52%

They both deserve more 184 38.66%

Vita deserves more, Wii U less 52 10.92%

Wii U should have the com... 52 10.92%

Total:475
Qwark said:
Smear-Gel said:

New ip's in the same franchises are no different than old ip's in thecsame franchises

Or are you saying you'd enjoy Bloodborne less if it was exactly the same but called Dark Souls 4.

Considering it would have lost it's entire story and charm, new combat system, which doesn't involve a shield,  but does have guns, viceral attacks and trick weapons. Also that would include trading in the gothic, lovecraft atmosphere for another medieval atmosphere. Yes I would have liked it less. Bloodborne has elements from demon souls (let's stay with the mother game, which is way closer to dark souls if you would have played all). But saying it could be a direct succesor and called dark souls 4 in it's current form is kind of ridicilous.

They have similairities no doubt, but they are defenitly not the same game.

These are all stylistic changes excepting the lost of shield. Again, much like Super Mario Sunshine vs. Super Mario Galaxy. While the new experience felt fresh, the core of it wasn't anymore difference than each Mario, Xeno-, Legend of Zelda, etc, etc are from each-other. 

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Samus Aran said:

So what games is Sony releasing this year? According to your logic they deserve last place lol.

They had the best games so far with Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 and they will release Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection, Until Dawn, Tearaway: Unfolded. etc. this year. They have much better games than the competition!

Lol, you can't be serious.

Remasters are what makes them better than the competition? Lol.

Samus Aran said:
Dr.Vita said:

They had the best games so far with Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 and they will release Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection, Until Dawn, Tearaway: Unfolded. etc. this year. They have much better games than the competition!

I am serious, I enjoyed the game! Have you played it or are you just saying that the game is bad because of the reviews?

Dr.Vita said:
Samus Aran said:

I am serious, I enjoyed the game! Have you played it or are you just saying that the game is bad because of the reviews?

Have you played all of the competition's games? Have you played the games that you are predicting will be good future releases? Usually in these type of arguments regarding sales we are talking about mainstream opinions. Criticism for The Order was not exclusive to professional critics.  

Ruler said:

Vita desevred more sales, sony tried to bring home console expierence to Handheld with a lot of horse powers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMrgwE7YN4

You do realise that the footage is of a PSP game and the right side is CGI pre-rendered and the left side is real time footage on the PSP? Lol.

There wasn't even a KH game on the 3DS or Vita at the time that video was uploaded...

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Qwark said:

Bloodborne is entirely different from Dark Souls it plays even more different and way more different than Mario 64 compared to Sunshine or Galaxy. The argument could be made for demon souls and dark souls, but souls and bloodborn play to different from eachother. Codename Steam is a 3ds game last time I checked. I didn't even mention third party games like shadow of mordor, Project cars, Destiny, Dying Light etc. which are all around 80 meta like splatoon and W101 is below that and I still counted it, (since I liked the game as did I with DC). Not good third party support for Wii U? what about bareboned to almost none even compared to Wii and GC, where Ubisoft did some effort and it even got a COD, RE and some nice Japanese exclusives.

On the PS4 the following new IP releses will come this year Bloodborne, The order, Project cars, Dying Light, Until Dawn and probaly a few others I failed to mention. Compared to Splatoon and Mario Maker (which is a level editor for an already existing game) that's also quite bare boned.

The same can be said about Sunshine vs. Galaxy. In Sunshine you have a semi-open world in which you use a jetpack to fly around and squirt off gook. In Galaxy you are going from small (relatively) planetoid to planetoid. They play entirely different! 

Bloodborne and other Souls games have the same basic formula, just like Mario games have the same basic formula. They are ARPGs that are prided for their difficulty in which you kill tough enemies and bosses in an environment dealing with dark themes.From what I have played of Bloodborne, while there are new features and unique aspects and it is much higher budget than Dark Souls/Demon's Souls - just like Galaxy vs. Sunshine - it didn't feel entirely new (which in my opinion was a good thing.) 

You must have forgotten the Wii era. There was not much third party support for it until way late in the generation when it got a bunch of late Call of Duty ports. Games like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, etc, etc didn't come to the Wii. As for the Wii U, at the very least it started out with some of these big series and because of lack of interest and a poor architecture choice the next generation versions were not justified. 

As for the new IP argument, I would much rather a Star Fox title (which  has not had a console release in 10 years) a Yoshi title (which has not had a home console release since the N64) and a non-sequel in the same franchise (Xenoblade Chronicles X) than a new IP that turns out to be mediocre. The same applies to a game like Pikmin 3. 

The Order and Knack have scores in the 50's and 60's, not the high 70's/low 80's. So your meta comment is silly. 

Yet the wii got No more heroes (1&2), Red steel 2, Okami, The last story and little king's story and resi 4. Sure they are not the most known games but they where good and all of those where third party releases. Neither did I remind having that many huge draughts at the start of each year on wii. I have to see what starfox becomes not everything Nintendo touches is gold, which is proven by the latest Kirby release and tarfox adventures. A new IP from Nintendo doesn't have to be by defenition be mediocre on the contrary it can be great, or is Nintedo so insecure that they can't pull of a naughty dog, introducing an IP with the caliber of Uncharted anymore. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Samus Aran said:
Ruler said:

Vita desevred more sales, sony tried to bring home console expierence to Handheld with a lot of horse powers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMrgwE7YN4

You do realise that the footage is of a PSP game and the right side is CGI pre-rendered and the left side is real time footage on the PSP? Lol.

There wasn't even a KH game on the 3DS or Vita at the time that video was uploaded...

Still think its acurate comparison if you would both maxing out

Ruler said:
Samus Aran said:

Still think its acurate comparison if you would both maxing out

Just look at any 3ds game and compare it to either Uncharted, Killzone or Wiepout the images speak for itself a direct comparison isn't even neccesary

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
sc94597 said:

They just did. It is called Splatoon. 

One in 3 years is nothing to write home about, two if you care to count wonderful 101 is still absymal.

3 if you count Nintendoland

4 if you count NES Remix

if you count Devils Third (not released yet)

6 if you count Project Giant Robo (not released yet)

7 if you count Project Guard (not released yet)

if you count Project Treasure (not released yet)

Qwark said:
sc94597 said:

The same can be said about Sunshine vs. Galaxy. In Sunshine you have a semi-open world in which you use a jetpack to fly around and squirt off gook. In Galaxy you are going from small (relatively) planetoid to planetoid. They play entirely different! 

Bloodborne and other Souls games have the same basic formula, just like Mario games have the same basic formula. They are ARPGs that are prided for their difficulty in which you kill tough enemies and bosses in an environment dealing with dark themes.From what I have played of Bloodborne, while there are new features and unique aspects and it is much higher budget than Dark Souls/Demon's Souls - just like Galaxy vs. Sunshine - it didn't feel entirely new (which in my opinion was a good thing.) 

You must have forgotten the Wii era. There was not much third party support for it until way late in the generation when it got a bunch of late Call of Duty ports. Games like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, etc, etc didn't come to the Wii. As for the Wii U, at the very least it started out with some of these big series and because of lack of interest and a poor architecture choice the next generation versions were not justified. 

As for the new IP argument, I would much rather a Star Fox title (which  has not had a console release in 10 years) a Yoshi title (which has not had a home console release since the N64) and a non-sequel in the same franchise (Xenoblade Chronicles X) than a new IP that turns out to be mediocre. The same applies to a game like Pikmin 3. 

The Order and Knack have scores in the 50's and 60's, not the high 70's/low 80's. So your meta comment is silly. 

Yet the wii got No more heroes (1&2), Red steel 2, Okami, The last story and little king's story and resi 4. Sure they are not the most known games but they where good and all of those where third party releases. Neither did I remind having that many huge draughts at the start of each year on wii. I have to see what starfox becomes not everything Nintendo touches is gold, which is proven by the latest Kirby release and tarfox adventures. A new IP from Nintendo doesn't have to be by defenition be mediocre on the contrary it can be great, or is Nintedo so insecure that they can't pull of a naughty dog, introducing an IP with the caliber of Uncharted anymore. 

You listed two sixth generation ports, so I'll list some of the Wii U's third party games released. The Wii U got Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex, Zombii U, Child of Light, Trine & Trine 2, Rayman Legends, Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Assassin's Creed III & IV, Darksiders II,  and Batman Arkham City . Some of these are pretty big franchises. Wii and Wii U third party support has been, up until now, similar in quantity. The difference is that the Wii's third party support included unique exclusives, while the Wii U third party IP's which are exclusive have Nintendo involved in their development (Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Devil's Third, and Bayonetta 2 for example.) 

That's just it. Nintendo cuts out any mediocre ideas and tries to only release new IPs that are good/great like Xenoblade, Pikmin, Splatoon, Wonderful 101, etc. Sony and third parties are okay with releasing mediocre/bad games (speaking with regards to the mainstream opinion) like The Order and Knack, as long as they are new IP's. Sony also produces the great gems like ICO, SOTC, Uncharted, and The Last of Us, but they are just as far in between as Nintendo's. It is just how the two separate companies go about things. I do think Sony also releases a lot of just good new IPs as well, and that is where Nintendo is lacking (maybe Splatoon's success will push them otherwise) but creating a new IP just to create a new IP is a silly choice. Whether or not a game should have a New IP should depend on the design choice of the game, and many of Nintendo's new ideas for games can easily just be implemented in their old IP's, like Mario.