By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii U and PS Vita totally deserve what has become of them

Do the Wii U and Vita deserve the sales they have

No they deserve less 37 7.77%

Vita deserves Less, Wii U... 19 3.99%

Wii U does deserve more, Vita deserves less 131 27.52%

They both deserve more 184 38.66%

Vita deserves more, Wii U less 52 10.92%

Wii U should have the com... 52 10.92%

Total:475
Qwark said:
d21lewis said:
We all have our opinions but, for me, it doesn't matter if a game is a new IP. I just want something good to play. I guess I'm in the minority because WiiU sales are in the toilet.

There is not to much wrong with Sequels, but once in a while you should not purely be depended of a sequal of a serie. Sony killed of Jack and Daxter and brought something entirely new to the table. I for one would like to see Nintendo do that, for instance put Mario Bros away for a while and make an entire new serie. 

They just did. It is called Splatoon. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Qwark said:

There is not to much wrong with Sequels, but once in a while you should not purely be depended of a sequal of a serie. Sony killed of Jack and Daxter and brought something entirely new to the table. I for one would like to see Nintendo do that, for instance put Mario Bros away for a while and make an entire new serie. 

One in 3 years is nothing to write home about, two if you care to count wonderful 101 is still absymal.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
sc94597 said:

One in 3 years is nothing to write home about, two if you care to count wonderful 101 is still absymal.

You didn't say Nintendo should start dishing out new Ips every year, you said this. 

"There is not to much wrong with Sequels, but once in a while you should not purely be depended of a sequal of a serie. Sony killed of Jack and Daxter and brought something entirely new to the table. I for one would like to see Nintendo do that, for instance put Mario Bros away for a while and make an entire new serie. 

sc94597 said:
Qwark said:

Now the Wii U has better support, but where MS is getting crap for releasing sequels, Nintendo does seem to come away with it easily. If we count only true new games from Nintendo and not direct sequels or some sort of spinoffs, Splatoon and the W101 are the only games which are actually new, for the sake of it I like Nintendo reviving bayo 2, but there was no way this was going to be a succes. If we count this year, except Splatoon I have to see what other game is really worth buying. While the Twins already got The Witcher 3, Pcars and Mortal kombat X. 

Sorry, you lost credibility here. You do realize both of the bolded are sequels? 

Yes I also do realize Sony got Bloodborne, LBP 3, The Order, Driveclub and Knack as new Ip's and MS got Ryse and Sunset overdrive, while being released one year after Wii U. My second statement, which I bolded for you was about games which are worth buying on Wii U in 2015, so far Splatoon only comes to mind. While the PS4 has Bloodborne, Pcars and the Witcher 3 among a few other games which can be considered good, that's called choise one thing the Wii U has never had during it's lifespan. Another flaw since 3 month droughts where not something rare in it's early years and guess what they still are.

sc94597 said:
Qwark said:

You didn't say Nintendo should start dishing out new Ips every year, you said this. 

"There is not to much wrong with Sequels, but once in a while you should not purely be depended of a sequal of a serie. Sony killed of Jack and Daxter and brought something entirely new to the table. I for one would like to see Nintendo do that, for instance put Mario Bros away for a while and make an entire new serie. 

For me once in three years is a bit more than once in a while, perhaps for you it isn't, since at this rate I doubt they are going to make 5 new AAA IP's for the Wii U.

Around the Network

Sony deserve Vita sales with no support.

Nintendo marketing team deserve to be fired.

Vita doesn't deserve good sales because of the memory cards? After that I stopped reading...

Dr.Vita said:
Vita doesn't deserve good sales because of the memory cards? After that I stopped reading...

The device itself was already expensive, but justified due to the much stronger hardware, but to add €50- for a bit decent memory on top of that was ridicilous, I also assume you missed the part about no support from Sony, how could you not if you stopped at the first sentence.

So what games is Sony releasing this year? According to your logic they deserve last place lol.

You know, the Wii U only has a tiny bit of new games if you take away most of its new games.

Meanwhile the other guys have really new games like the 10th Mortal Kombat game and the third Witcher game