By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii U and PS Vita totally deserve what has become of them

Do the Wii U and Vita deserve the sales they have

No they deserve less 37 7.77%

Vita deserves Less, Wii U... 19 3.99%

Wii U does deserve more, Vita deserves less 131 27.52%

They both deserve more 184 38.66%

Vita deserves more, Wii U less 52 10.92%

Wii U should have the com... 52 10.92%

Total:475
Retrogamer7 said:
The fact that they did not make a 3D Mario is disappointing. No Mario Galaxy 3 or Mario Universe. There should have been a proper 3D Mario sequel. I don't count 3D World. Delaying Zelda. No Metroid. Very poor Virtual console support. Yes, Wii U deserves failure status.

As for Vita, If you like Japanese games, PSP support, PS1 classics on the go, etc. It is worth owning. However, it's ridiculous high price, and the newer models having an inferior screen that has off tint color, Vita is deserving of only little more success than Wii U in my opinion.

^ 100% this.

Nintendo would double their sales if they just had a new 3D mario game, and a new zelda ready early on the consols life.

On the vita yeah the memory cards are weird... but the main issue is that its too expensive.

Price also plays a little part for the Wii U, due to the gamepad driveing prices of the consol up abit compaired to its competitors.

Around the Network

In my view, New IP's mean nothing unless they offer something fresh, new and/or unique. If it is just a reskin of an old idea then it hold no more value than a sequel and can hardly be considered riskier.

Nintendo's initial handling of the Wii U is what got them to where they are. Everything from it's reveal, its launch, its marketing and the concept had setup the Wii U for failure.

The Wii U deserves what it got, but I don't think the sales of its games do.

Sony definitely deserves the vita failure.

They both deserve their low sales for what they have done but definitely the Wii U is accomplishing a hell of a lot more than the vita. So it gives me hope that Nintendo will do better in the home console market while Sony will most likely cut it off completely.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Cloudman said:
I see the Wii U less as a console that doesn't deserve sales and more as one with a lot of wasted potential. The gamepad could have introduced new ways to play games, which Nintendo Land showed that potential as well as Zombi U, and there were other games that used it in small different ways, but in the end will get under utilized. Although the Wii U lacks in quantity, it really makes it up in its quality. Not many games, but the ones it has, they're dang good. Also, if the next Ninten console ends up being really spectacular, will you still pass it? o:

And Vita too was a console that could have done so much more, but ended up falling off, maybe due to overpriced memory cards, being too expensive, or other factors. Either way, the poor sales of these consoles is really sad : (

I defenitly will not buy it on launch, I have played enough MK, and 3d super mario's I want to see a big new Nintendo IP. Even though the games are good they don't really catch me as much as they did during Wii and GC era. W101 used the gamepad really well and I played the living hell out of that game, it's a shame Nintendo itself doesn't want to use the gamepad well except for party games. And when I compare it to the HD twins, either of those consoles just offer way more and deserve there sales.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I think Wii U deserves more sales actually. Not a lot more, but Gamecube level at least. It's the Nintendo console I'm enyoing the most so far and that has to mean something.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

I will always prefer great high quality sequel over mediocre new IP. Situation when you get great and new IP are very rare, but Splatoon done that.

Bloodborne, Uncharted, TLOU, Gears of War, LBP, Xenoblade were great new (exclusive) IPs, Splatoon is a good one liek sunset overdrive and driveclub in it's current form at best since it lacks some noticable functions like crosschat for a strategic shooter in which a good strategy which have to be communicated could really pay off.

Retrogamer7 said:
The fact that they did not make a 3D Mario is disappointing. No Mario Galaxy 3 or Mario Universe. There should have been a proper 3D Mario sequel. I don't count 3D World. Delaying Zelda. No Metroid. Very poor Virtual console support. Yes, Wii U deserves failure status.

As for Vita, If you like Japanese games, PSP support, PS1 classics on the go, etc. It is worth owning. However, it's ridiculous high price, and the newer models having an inferior screen that has off tint color, Vita is deserving of only little more success than Wii U in my opinion.

-3D World DOES count. It IS a 3D Mario game, and a damn good one too. I loved Galaxy 1 and 2 as well, in fact they're the 2 best games I've ever played. But I don't need a Galaxy 3, would it be nice, yes. Does any other Mario game that doesn't have it's gameplay style automatically suck? Of course not, that's a completely unintelligent assumption to make.
- a) It's Zelda, of course it would get delayed. Which Zelda game to this point hasn't already. b) They're doing it to make the game the best it could possibly be. After what happening with Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed: Unity, and the Master Chief Collection last year. I really, REALLY don't want Zelda to go down that route. Do you really want to see one of gamings longest standing and greatest franchises become a broken, rushed shell of its former glory?
- The Wii U still has 1-2 years left in its cycle, and we haven't heard a peep out of Retro since Tropical Freeze came out, and E3 is right around the corner. So I wouldn't right off the possibility of a Metroid game for Wii U just yet.

ihatefatkatz said:
In my view, New IP's mean nothing unless they offer something fresh, new and/or unique. If it is just a reskin of an old idea then it hold no more value than a sequel and can hardly be considered riskier.

Nintendo's initial handling of the Wii U is what got them to where they are. Everything from it's reveal, its launch, its marketing and the concept had setup the Wii U for failure.

The Wii U deserves what it got, but I don't think the sales of its games do.

Sony definitely deserves the vita failure.

In thas case Uncharted or TLOU weren't a risc for Sony by aboning one of their biggest IP's for a new one. Sure neither did anything new, (although the execution of the Idea was near perfect). The games on the Wii sell pretty good though, there are some exceptions of course but when you release 4 different 2d platformers you can't expect them all to sell well it isn;t the 90's anymore. After god of war 4, Sony Santa Monica will probaly make a new IP. I do like how Nintendo handles Zelda if feels fresh every time, but some IP's are losing that fresh feel for me at least and a lot of others. With new games which feel fresh like splatoon, the line-up will be more atractive and diverse, which matter to me. I liked the PS3 for the many new experiences like LBP, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, TLOU. I would like to see Nintendo do something inovative for games again (and doesn't fail like the 3d screen or the gamepad). Splatoon is a good start and now they should aim for something bigger and make a new mascot.

No, I disagree. Nintendo might have misjudged the Wii U, but they do everything they can to support it.
Sony threw the Vita with a mighty swing at the public, and then just left it to die, even though the hardware was promising.

Qwark said:
Cloudman said:
I see the Wii U less as a console that doesn't deserve sales and more as one with a lot of wasted potential. The gamepad could have introduced new ways to play games, which Nintendo Land showed that potential as well as Zombi U, and there were other games that used it in small different ways, but in the end will get under utilized. Although the Wii U lacks in quantity, it really makes it up in its quality. Not many games, but the ones it has, they're dang good. Also, if the next Ninten console ends up being really spectacular, will you still pass it? o:

And Vita too was a console that could have done so much more, but ended up falling off, maybe due to overpriced memory cards, being too expensive, or other factors. Either way, the poor sales of these consoles is really sad : (

I defenitly will not buy it on launch, I have played enough MK, and 3d super mario's I want to see a big new Nintendo IP. Even though the games are good they don't really catch me as much as they did during Wii and GC era. W101 used the gamepad really well and I played the living hell out of that game, it's a shame Nintendo itself doesn't want to use the gamepad well except for party games. And when I compare it to the HD twins, either of those consoles just offer way more and deserve there sales.

That's fair enough. I love Ninten, and I didn't buy the Wii U at launch, so no one's going to mind if you don't do so on the next console ; ) Understandable if you're feeling tired of Ninten's standard games, too. At this rate, they're stable games Ninten likes to have for fun local and online MP play, like MK and Smash. With Splatoon now, maybe that one will join them. Maybe Ninten will show off a game that brings out the best of the gamepad at the end of its life. Till then, they still have other games coming soon. Star Fox, Fatal Frame, SM x FE, Mario Maker, etc. anyone? ; )

Though yeah, the PS4 and XB1 do offer more than then Wii U, so it's understandable if you want either of those over the Wii U

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread