By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guys, we missed an important milestone for Wii U

Tagged games:

It just passed the Sega Saturn in lifetime sales. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_million-selling_game_consoles#Home_game_consoles

EDIT: And the Dreamcast too apparently, which I'm informed is overtracked on Wikipedia.

Around the Network

:O

CELEBRATION TIME!!!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Lol, not a great milestone, but congrats!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

and people say its a failure.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I would say "Let`s celebrate", but I`m also on the Sega base, so I don`t know what to feel... : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

It's a milestone, just not an important one. Heck even if it did pass the Gamecube that still wouldn't mean much.

That wikipedia article is rigged, this is the truth.

KyleeStrutt said:

That wikipedia article is rigged, this is the truth.

As ever, I am too mesmerised by your sig to disagree...

I saw some guy in a recent thread a few minutes ago stating that Wii U would never pass Sauturn lifetime sales. lul

bet: lost

The Saturn sold in 9.26 million units worldwide.

The Wii U passed that milestone somewhere around January 2015.

Wikipedia also states that the Wii U has not passed the Dreamcast. This is incorrect as well. The Wii U passed the Dreamcast back in 2014. The Dreamcast only sold 9.13m units worldwide.