By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Sells More Uncharted or ROTR - Update: Decision - Uncharted

Which Sales More Holiday 2015

Uncharted NDC 478 73.31%

Rise of the Tomb Raider 174 26.69%

Total:652

There's no point in the comparison since one is a compilation of old games vs a new game.

Around the Network

Almost definitely Uncharted. Bigger install base and it's just an absolute bargain to get 3 awesome games for the price of 1.

If the Uncharted bundle lasts through the holidays, then Uncharted.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I think both will struggle under the release of other big AAA titles, especially X1 with Halo 5.

Uncharted has the best chance of doing well due to new PS owners buying the game, it releasing before most major games, having the Uncharted 4mp, and it being a refresher before Uncharted as a franchise comes to an end.

In addition, I think Sony will bundle the game to increase the anticipation for uncharted 4.

Also, one is a platform only exclusive and the other is timed.

I would say Tomb Raider because Remasters dont sell that well. Both MCC and TLOUR only sold 2m where as a freah new game could end up selling past 3m especially a game like TR.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
There's no point in the comparison since one is a compilation of old games vs a new game.

Then no one should be surprised when the Uncharted collection outsells Tomb Raider. lol

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sure, this is the only variable in this equation...

CosmicSex said:
Any evolving opinions on this topic?

What has changed to warrant a thread bump? Or did you want to get more attention for your thread?

The Tomb Raider bundle would need a significant price cut to be able make difference especially since it's one of 6 MS holiday bundles and I believe not even available at every retailer, so I'll stick with Uncharted for now, looks like a pretty clear case at the moment.

walsufnir said:
CosmicSex said:
Any evolving opinions on this topic?

What has changed to warrant a thread bump? Or did you want to get more attention for your thread?

Uncharted launches this Friday.