By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft expects a defeat in February NPD

kingofwale said:
Also, I'm absolutely SICK of these "1 day pre-NPD number release" excuses.

They couldn't come clean about 15 days ago?

Didn't they say back at the end of January that they be in Supply constraint till March??

You could say they came clean 1 month ago...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
gebx said:
DMeisterJ said:
LOL.

Weren't they supposed to have their supply resolved by March?

Hmm...

Ah!

I sure hope so! or else I'm going to be banned for the next three months

lol, I mentioned you by name in the other similar thread. :).. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Three month ban? Wow, internet is serious business.

PooperScooper said:
dabaus513 said:
I think we'll be hearing this "shortage" excuse for along time to come.

And I'll call BS on anyone who says that. (Especially since there are bigger pyramids in BB and CC right now)

Well the quote is that by April, which means before April, inventory will be very healthy.  They didnt say healthy they said very healthy. So seeing supplies in stock on March 12th just means they are on track to having very large supplies on hand in by (before) April.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Deviation59 said:
Three month ban? Wow, internet is serious business.

well, that's what you get for taking the risk. *shrugs*. without Gebx, there will only be 1-2 true xbox fans here I can name. (Starcraft)... 

Poor xbox is so under-represented.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Around the Network

Lol, didnt VG have the 360 outselling the ps3 355k to 338k for the month of febuary?

Willow said:
Lol, didnt VG have the 360 outselling the ps3 355k to 338k for the month of febuary

So.. what's your point?

I have to admit, when it comes to an independent tracking website, VGC is definitely amongst the top. That's why I like it here.

You can't be always accurate.

selnor
Episode 2:
Willow said:
Lol, didnt VG have the 360 outselling the ps3 355k to 338k for the month of febuary?

Yup. Even when Microsoft acknowledges it, VGChartz doesn't seem to believe it when the PS3 outsells the Xbox 360 in America. You'd think that after the January NPD numbers (especially with Microsoft saying even then that they didn't expect to be back in the saddle until March) that VGchartz would give the PS3 a bit more credit. No such luck, however.

Willow said:

Dont say anything until NPD comes out.

mM

when does npd data get released? i know its some time from now and friday.