By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft expects a defeat in February NPD

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUSN1224707720080313?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0

The software giant also expected that supply problems for the Xbox 360 meant the machine was outsold in the U.S. market by Sony's PlayStation 3 console in February for the second month in a row.

"We definitely expect we will trail in February as a result of our supply constraints," Greenberg said, adding: "By April, we will be in a very healthy inventory situation."

That would be in time for the April 29 launch of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc's (TTWO.O: Quote, Profile, Research) "Grand Theft Auto 4" game, which is widely expected to be one of the best-selling titles of 2008 and could drive purchases of the Xbox 360 and PS3

Well tomorrow will be interesting. 

Around the Network

and also March too, if we go by the statement

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Yeah it seems like they're putting all their eggs/hopes in the GTA4 basket.

But in my opinion if they believe that the best selling game of the PS2 era, a brand strongly associated with Playstation in consumers minds, won't help PS3 sales too and a lot, well, I guess they're in for a rude awakening.

Then of course there's plan B with a strong price cut just like they did in Europe. 

LOL.

Weren't they supposed to have their supply resolved by March?

Hmm...

I think we'll be hearing this "shortage" excuse for along time to come.

Around the Network

Beaten by a single minute, maybe even less: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=20371&start=0#end

Also, I'm absolutely SICK of these "1 day pre-NPD number release" excuses.

They couldn't come clean about 15 days ago?

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
dabaus513 said:

And I'll call BS on anyone who says that. (Especially since there are bigger pyramids in BB and CC right now)

PooperScooper said:
dabaus513 said:

And I'll call BS on anyone who says that. (Especially since there are bigger pyramids in BB and CC right now)

Well, it's not as big a BS as the old "360 has about 3% of failure rate". :)

Although now I'm more interested than ever to see NPD's number

selnor
Episode 2:
DMeisterJ said:
LOL.

Weren't they supposed to have their supply resolved by March?

Hmm...

Ah!

I sure hope so! or else I'm going to be banned for the next three months

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)