By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Jim Sterling talks about Nintendo's abysmal handling of Amiibos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE-orx_HTfE

I was surprised there wasn't a thread about this already. A lot of his complaints are pretty accurate. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

i didnt watch it, but everybody wants them. people are lining up for them. sometimes making them scarce increases demand and it keeps nintendo in the news. the only thing that sucks is that u have to buy 1 for every game. even then nintendo just makes more money.

Meh, we've had enough complaining about amiibo around here lately. Theres really nothing new here. I've said my piece, and I think that the whole thing is overblown.

PS: As of the time of this writing, Inkling Boy has been available on Amazon for (at least) about an hour for MSRP

Imagine a world where Nintendo gets their act together, and every amiibo becomes readily avaliable, with characters like Ness and Captain Falcon being as common as Pikachu.

Only in our dreams.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

He loves Splatoon!!

That´s all I care

Around the Network

Same feeling. I wanted some, but not enough to wait in line or pay 3x to a scalper.

Dat ending is gold!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

i thought this was pretty funny http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202857&page=1

Play Me

I do agree. For once, a nintendo product is selling very good, and yet their trying to be arrogant. Don't blow your chances, as it could really bite you in the back later.

The content makes sense, but the video is not very good.

Nintendo needs to end the store exclusivity deals, as the store really don't know how many units to order to keep them around for at least a few days.
They need to give the more unknown characters a fighting chance, sure the world at large will not buy 1 million Fire Emblem characters, many don't even know who are those guys, but USA can easily purchase 80.000 of those without blinking.

Some store inventories were leaked and around 5.000 Lucinas and Robins were available in big places like Target, and even for some big names like Wario which got around 9.000 units are not enough. The only wave 4 amiibo that you can easily find today is Pac-man and that figurine got at least twice the production of others.