By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So I finally dug out my old Gears discs so I can catch up before Gears 4 launches. Odd question but the games that come with the preordered Gears 4. Are those the base games? Or will that include DLC?

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
shikamaru317 said:

Started ReCore tonight. My early impressions are very favorable. The story seems good so far, the gameplay is fun, the music is good. I haven't encountered any bugs yet and the load times don't seem anywhere near as long as people have been claiming they are (has the new patch that was supposed to improve loading times released yet?). Early impression score from me is about a 9/10 (bearing in mind that when I rate games story>gameplay>audio>graphics).

Yeah, new patch happened last week.

It did? Do you know if that patch fucked up achievement progress by any chance? The percentages are stuck for me.

another big game for the BC program.

Barozi said:
another big game for the BC program.

They should add mw3 cause I actually have that one lol only 360 CoD I have

shikamaru317 said:

After about 6 hours of ReCore, I'm sitting at an 8.5/10 right now. I encountered 3 bugs today (1 enemy that was invincible even though he was below my level, and two times falling through the world geometry to my death), and the death loading times are still too long even after the patch imo (fast travel load times are decent now relative to similar semi-open world games, but death reload times are still 30 seconds or so). I also find the side dungeons kind of annoying, there's always some red switches that are too hard to find, forcing you to redo the dungeon if you want the optinal bonus. All of that lowered my score from 9/10 to 8.5/10.

So those are the issues what are you liking about the game? Like what stands out for you?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

So those are the issues what are you liking about the game? Like what stands out for you?

Well, the story is interesting so far. All of the characters are good so far, Joule is probably my favorite female playable character in a game so far (yes, she might even be better than reboot Lara Craft imo), I like both of the corebots I've unlocked so far (Mack and Seth). The fast travel corebot is really funny, and I like the voice of the main villain Victor though I haven't seen much of him yet. 

Gameplay wise it kind of feels like a 3D version of the Metroidvania games I've played (Ori and Guacamelee). I've never played Metroid before, but I assume since Metroidvania games are a mix of Metroid and Castlevania elements, ReCore plays alot like Metroid, considering it was developed by former Metroid devs. Combat is pretty fun, it's moderately challenging, I've died a few times during combat, but it has yet to reach a point where it becomes frustratingly difficult. The platforming is good so far, the controls are fluid and there's a hud indicator that shows where you will land which is really useful. 

The music is good so far, Chad Seiter did a good job on the soundtrack. The music is emotional during the more touching moments, and exciting during combat.

I can't wait to try it for myself!!! Thanks for the information! October an't get here soon enough for me. I have all games to get for XB1!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Can't believe this thread fell under my radar...

Ryuu96 said:

Ayyyy, now I just want MW2 on BC.

Ok.... 54GB...... Definitely buying an external HDD this holiday.

NobleTeam360 said:
Ok.... 54GB...... Definitely buying an external HDD this holiday.

Yeah Halo alone ate through 80+GB. I'm thinking that 3TB might be minimum.