Forums - Gaming Discussion - CEO Of R* Says PS4/XB1 Power Nowhere Near Realized Yet

It's his job to say nonsense like that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

*edit: stupid forum pretending last post wasn't created -.-

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

GPGPU isnt fully utilised yet, and can have drastic speed up effects compaired to doing things via the cpu (esp when its not that strong a cpu to begin with).

Stuff like Asynchronous shaders is used in a games like Infamous: Second Son, but many developers probably arnt useing it yet (esp 3rd party games).

I think games will look better 2years from now, than they currently do.

PwerlvlAmy said:
everyone always says that

Because it's probably true. I mean, early PS3/X360 games look worse then the latest ones don't they?

Squeezol said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
everyone always says that

Because it's probably true. I mean, early PS3/X360 games look worse then the latest ones don't they?

yeah its like saying ''the sun is going to come up tomorrow'', its like duh? lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Squeezol said:

yeah its like saying ''the sun is going to come up tomorrow'', its like duh? lol

But technically speaking the sun never goes down, that's just how we percieve it. :P

Squeezol said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

But technically speaking the sun never goes down, that's just how we percieve it. :P

lol you know what i mean.  ''power hasnt been realized yet'' isnt really news at the end of the day is the point :O

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I'm excited to see the next wave of next gen games. I'm sure there will be improvements even over games like Driveclub and The Order. Considering how excellent those games look, I'm prepared to be blown away, though cautious not to let expectations go too high.

bigtakilla said:

Learn from the past or repeat it.

What does that even mean? 5th and 6th generation games are ALWAYS a big improvement over 1st generation games, and yet every damn generation of consoles we get people moaning about how things haven't improved and how this gen and that gen is rubbish. The knee jerk reactions of gamers on forums is embarrassing.

The PS5 Exists. 

curl-6 said:

I don't think there will be huge improvement.

There's no crazy architecture with this gen's consoles, they're straightforward and easy to harness.

Of course, devs will get better at making the most of the hardware, but there won't be anywhere near the dramatic improvement we saw on PS3/360.

Yes there can be huge improvements, if every game would be at least at the same level as PS4 exclusives which they are not. The PS4 is more powerfull but also more complex to maxing out the hardware, thats because it has more powerfull gpu than cpu and only gddr5 as memory.