By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has the Wii U irreparably damaged Nintendo's image?

No, because Nintendo is releasing some of its best games ever and even with very bad sale still supporting console.

Wii U is really true Nintendo fan console.

Around the Network

The Wii probably broke Nintendo's image, the best the WII U did to break Nintendo's image was literally make people forget that Nintendo existed. This is nothing a three month marketing campaign, for the new console, can't fix.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

The Wii U has strengthened Nintendo's image. Problem is that this image isn't really popular today anymore.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

spemanig said:
No. The Wii has.

That's true!

Is it bad that no matter what......I'll buy whatever console Nintendo releases? They made my favorite game ever (OOT), and they'll always have my support. I'm just hoping they stay within the console market....love my fix of Zelda and Donkey Kong.

Preston Scott

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
bigtakilla said:

Well of you like the taste of 4 hour long games, completely broken games, remakes, and online only games I guess we just have different tastes then. Not to say these are the only games to release on other systems, there are a few PS4 and Xbone games I think are amazing but the majority of them seem to follow a pattern. These are what is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Different strokes though. 

Also, the Wii U has outsold the Sega Saturn lifetime right now by about 200,000 and the gap will only get wider. It's (Sega Saturn's) best selling game was Virtua Fighter 2 which sold 1.93 million which has also been vastly outsold.

Main rule of business. Making good games dont matter. Making good "business decision" matters.

Its great taht you enjoy Wii U games. But the thing is people like you are limited. This also reflects in business.

Don't I know... Sad really.

No it has very good games.

I'd say that the N64, GC and the Wii did more harm than the WiiU!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If Gamecube didn't, and even be looked on fondly after the fact, I don't think Wii U will.

spemanig said:
No. The Wii has.

Not neccesary it brought third party support back and showed devs they could sell games on Nintendo consoles. Wii U failed to be a worthy successor of the Wii which it could be if Nintendo had a better launch and a more powerful and easy system for third party studios. Japanese studios would support it and Ubisoft.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar