By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Google to penalize VGChartz?

ArtofAngels said:
Mnementh said:

Wow, did you keep open the thread in a browser tab for two and a half years, with the resolve to answer it as soon as you've worked through your other tabs?

And welcome back, nice to see you again online.

Haha thanks! I logged in via PC for the first time in over 2 years (I was trying mobile and it drove me crazy) and I got an icon saying there's a new comment. I didn't realize it had been dormant for so long until I posted it.

Interestingly(and sadly) the website has done nothing to address the mobile accessibility since then so I figured it's still very much relevant.

Well, recently there was movement, ioi has given control to other people. I heard that there is work on a new UI that should be more mobile friendly.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I actually prefer desktop modes of sites when I'm on my phone. Mobile sites suck most of the time.

Mnementh said:
ArtofAngels said:

Haha thanks! I logged in via PC for the first time in over 2 years (I was trying mobile and it drove me crazy) and I got an icon saying there's a new comment. I didn't realize it had been dormant for so long until I posted it.

Interestingly(and sadly) the website has done nothing to address the mobile accessibility since then so I figured it's still very much relevant.

Well, recently there was movement, ioi has given control to other people. I heard that there is work on a new UI that should be more mobile friendly.

From memory ioi was into expensive fancy cars, chances are that's where all the site profits (if any) have gone towards and that's why we're left with a decaying website (I'm just throwing hypotheticals). But let's not forget half the website was actually built by the users so the least he could do is fix the mess up, which you say is happening. *fingers crossed*

I've also noticed the numbers have been slipping very far behind. We used to come before NPD, not after.

ArtofAngels said:
Mnementh said:

From memory ioi was into expensive fancy cars, chances are that's where all the site profits (if any) have gone towards and that's why we're left with a decaying website (I'm just throwing hypotheticals). But let's not forget half the website was actually built by the users so the least he could do is fix the mess up, which you say is happening. *fingers crossed*

I've also noticed the numbers have been slipping very far behind. We used to come before NPD, not after.

Oh, you missed the worst lag in the numbers. This has recently got a lot better, since two people now do the numbers. Must look up who it was, but thumbs up to them. Since then numbers have gotten more regular.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]