By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What exclusive PS4 games could we see this holiday? GT7 and Guerrilla Games game possible. Here's why

SWORDF1SH said:
Puppyroach said:
Would Sony take the risk of announcing a big game at E3 that is released the same year?

Why not? It's not like it's 2001 where they would have to rely on magazines to slowly filter out the news.

Things have changed. Look at the time period between the announcement and release of consoles. If PS4 can announce and release hardware within 10 months (even less for X1) then I believe that it's not to risky to reveal and release a game within 5 months.

I was mostly wondering how often the big three actually announce a major release only six months before it is released.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Shinobi602 said, horizon is now certainly 2016 game. They were still experimenting. Sony might release bends open world survival horror game with uncharted collection.

So Killzone this year? Will the 1st team wait 4 years until 2017 to release Killzone. Or do you think that they would release both in one year?

Puppyroach said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Puppyroach said:
Would Sony take the risk of announcing a big game at E3 that is released the same year?

Why not? It's not like it's 2001 where they would have to rely on magazines to slowly filter out the news.

Things have changed. Look at the time period between the announcement and release of consoles. If PS4 can announce and release hardware within 10 months (even less for X1) then I believe that it's not to risky to reveal and release a game within 5 months.

I was mostly wondering how often the big three actually announce a major release only six months before it is released.

GT6 was announced in May and release in the same year. Horizon 2 Was announced at E3 and release the same year. LBP3 was announced at E32014 and release the same year. It does happen.

SWORDF1SH said:
daredevil.shark said:

Shinobi602 said, horizon is now certainly 2016 game. They were still experimenting. Sony might release bends open world survival horror game with uncharted collection.

So Killzone this year? Will the 1st team wait 4 years until 2017 to release Killzone. Or do you think that they would release both in one year?

If they make killzone they will make it PS5 launch title. GG admitted when they started killzone concept it was kinda "juvenille" project. Something like halo. They will pursuce other IPs from now on.

AAA game development takes 3-5 years to develop. You do the math. Unless its a sequel it will take minimum 2 years to make a game.

Puppyroach said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Puppyroach said:

Recently LBP3, FH2, Halo MCC, etc.

Around the Network

Sony will release the Uncharted Collection as an as of yet unannounced game on PS4 this year and maaaybe one more game, though I doubt that. A ton of Sony stuff will be 2016, I'm probably going to regret saying this but 2016 could become one of the best years in a long time in terms of Sony exclusive releases.

daredevil.shark said:
SWORDF1SH said:
daredevil.shark said:

If they make killzone they will make it PS5 launch title. GG admitted when they started killzone concept it was kinda "juvenille" project. Something like halo. They will pursuce other IPs from now on.

AAA game development takes 3-5 years to develop. You do the math. Unless its a sequel it will take minimum 2 years to make a game.

If that is true and if Sony let's them drop Killzone, then yes starting a new franchise from scratch will take longer. I thought the whole point of the second team was so that the could create something original while still working on Killzone. I think once they establish a new franchise then they can think about killing off KZ. Similar to Naughty Dog. TLOU will become their main franchise U4 will be the last in the series and then that team can go on to make another new IP while TLOU brings home the bacon.

Gran Turismo 7 probably.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Great list OP, I think we will see Horzon from Guerilla, GoW or whatever Santa monica have been working on, revealed at E3 as the Megaton annouuncements, with initial 2016 release dates. GT7 might be too early for a reveal, maybe save for the PS conference at the Paris games show later this year? Sucker Punch to reveal next year.

I think Sony Bend could announce a small-medium size title to release this year.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

daredevil.shark said:
SWORDF1SH said:
daredevil.shark said:

GG have been working on Horizon since KZ3 launched (2011). They decided to do a KZ game for a launch PS4 game because of the unfamiliar hardware, an existing IP creates less problems and as you say, can be more quickly made. Horizon got put on very low priority and possibly development stopped entirely months leading up to KZ:SF's release.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One