By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What exclusive PS4 games could we see this holiday? GT7 and Guerrilla Games game possible. Here's why

I hope the last guardian, it would shock the entire industry

Around the Network
beeje13 said:
Great list OP, I think we will see Horzon from Guerilla, GoW or whatever Santa monica have been working on, revealed at E3 as the Megaton annouuncements, with initial 2016 release dates. GT7 might be too early for a reveal, maybe save for the PS conference at the Paris games show later this year? Sucker Punch to reveal next year.

I think Sony Bend could announce a small-medium size title to release this year.

You say that but;

"In an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu (and translated by Polygon.com), series creator Kazunori Yamauchi mentioned that GT7 would be coming to the PlayStation 4 console 'in a year or two [from 2013]'"

"In an interview with GamesTM magazine, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed a release for GT7 sometime in 2015/2016"

Also GT6 was revealed in May 2013 and released Dec 2013.

SWORDF1SH said:
daredevil.shark said:

Shinobi602 said, horizon is now certainly 2016 game. They were still experimenting. Sony might release bends open world survival horror game with uncharted collection.

So Killzone this year? Will the 1st team wait 4 years until 2017 to release Killzone. Or do you think that they would release both in one year?

Dude where have you been? Horizon is a open world dino rpg game made by Guerrilla Games. This game has been talked about a lot and it's suppose to be revealed at this E3 with a 2016 release, no one is talking Killzone.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
SWORDF1SH said:

So Killzone this year? Will the 1st team wait 4 years until 2017 to release Killzone. Or do you think that they would release both in one year?

Dude where have you been? Horizon is a open world dino rpg game made by Guerrilla Games. This game has been talked about a lot and it's suppose to be revealed at this E3 with a 2016 release, no one is talking Killzone.

I'm not doubting it and I'm not saying KZ or Horizon will be released this year, just the chances. I still wouldn't rule out KZ either though. 2009 KZ2, 2011 KZ3, 2013 KZSF, 2015 ?? See the pattern? And unless both teams have moved to Horizon, why should we not expect another KZ this year and keep up the KZ every 2 years trend.

SWORDF1SH said:

I'm not doubting it and I'm not saying KZ or Horizon will be released this year, just the chances. I still wouldn't rule out KZ either though. 2009 KZ2, 2011 KZ3, 2013 KZSF, 2015 ?? See the pattern? And unless both teams have moved to Horizon, why should we not expect another KZ this year and keep up the KZ every 2 years trend.

Honestly I really doubt Killzone is the game we are getting this year, since they are announcing Horizon in E3, why would they draw the hype away from it by announcing Killzone and releasing it this year. I have a feeling all their employees are working on Horizon since it is an Open World RPG.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

Sony blew their load with a hit and a miss earlier in the year and no sign of anything to pad or cap the year out. Despite their great winning streak im not impressed with the rest of the year. I eagerly await uncharted. Heres hoping for a great E3. They will need it vs Microsoft who will be showing new IPs as well as showing more footage of already known exclusives which have yet to hit shelves like Scalebound, Halo 5, RIse of the Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Quantum Break and more. Microsoft essentially has the victory flag already waving because people are anticipating more footage of their already known upcoming titles. The problem with that is that they shouldn't rest there because Sony could take it via new reveals. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony blew their load with a hit and a miss earlier in the year and no sign of anything to pad or cap the year out. Despite their great winning streak im not impressed with the rest of the year. I eagerly await uncharted. Heres hoping for a great E3. They will need it vs Microsoft who will be showing new IPs as well as showing more footage of already known exclusives which have yet to hit shelves like Scalebound, Halo 5, RIse of the Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Quantum Break and more. Microsoft essentially has the victory flag already waving because people are anticipating more footage of their already known upcoming titles. The problem with that is that they shouldn't rest there because Sony could take it via new reveals. 

As I wrote in another thread 2015 isn't THAT bad regarding PS exclusives though I agree that MS currently has the upper hand if we only consider the announced retail exclusives launching in 2015. Though I really think that E3 will reveal a big PS4 exclusive (Gran Turismo 7/Uncharted Collection/The Last Guardian/other) launching before christmas.

Ultimately it comes down to personal preferences but regarding the amount of retail exclusives in 2015 PS isn't that far off, is it?

E3 announcement..........vs Halo 5: The Guardians

Bloodborne.....................vs Forza Motorsport 6

The Order: 1886.............vs Rise of the Tomb Raider (only timed exclusive)

MLB 15: The Show..........vs E3 rumor Joe Montana

Until Dawn......................vs Screamride

Tearaway Unfolded........vs State of Decay

Dragon Quest Heroes.....vs ?

No Man's Sky..................vs ?

Guilty Gear Xrd...............vs ?

Disgaea 5........................vs ?

Toukiden TAoD...............vs ?

Omega Quintet...............vs ?

God of War 3..................vs ?

Final Fantasy X/X-2.........vs ?

Mike_L said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

As I wrote in another thread 2015 isn't THAT bad regarding PS exclusives though I agree that MS currently has the upper hand if we only consider the announced retail exclusives launching in 2015. Though I really think that E3 will reveal a big PS4 exclusive (Gran Turismo 7/Uncharted Collection/The Last Guardian/other) launching before christmas.

Ultimately it comes down to personal preferences but regarding the amount of retail exclusives in 2015 PS isn't that far off, is it?

E3 announcement..........vs Halo 5: The Guardians

Bloodborne.....................vs Forza Motorsport 6

The Order: 1886.............vs Rise of the Tomb Raider (only timed exclusive) (Timed exclusive, but Microsofts timed exclusives last a while. Remember Bioshock? Sony had to wait a good year for it.)

MLB 15: The Show..........vs E3 rumor Joe Montana

Until Dawn......................vs Screamride (I dunno I dont think they play the same way)

Tearaway Unfolded........vs State of Decay (Don't see the genre connection)

Dragon Quest Heroes.....vs ? No clue. (Sound good...I guess.)

No Man's Sky..................vs ? They'll get it later. (Exactly, but who knows how long that will be. I'll be playing it on PS4 anyway)

Guilty Gear Xrd...............vs ? Microsoft has Killer Instinct and is getting Blaz Blue. We all know Street FIghter always gets updated games but ill enjoy the first in SF5 on my PS4.

Disgaea 5........................vs ? Dunno

Toukiden TAoD...............vs ? WTF is that?

Omega Quintet...............vs ? Who the hell?

God of War 3..................vs ? Not another HD remaster.

Final Fantasy X/X-2.........vs ? Please god not another remaster.

I hear Microsoft is coming with another remaster of Gears as well. Its quite sickening. Focus on new games. Anyway, heres hoping for Sony's E3. 

Ali_16x said:

Honestly I really doubt Killzone is the game we are getting this year, since they are announcing Horizon in E3, why would they draw the hype away from it by announcing Killzone and releasing it this year. I have a feeling all their employees are working on Horizon since it is an Open World RPG.

If they announce Project Horizon then I agree, no KZ announcement. But can you see why I added KZ/Project Horizon to the list. Again the list isn't saying they all have a good chance but rather the window is open for certain studio within WWS to be releasing a game determined by past release trends.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mike_L said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I hear Microsoft is coming with another remaster of Gears as well. Its quite sickening. Focus on new games. Anyway, heres hoping for Sony's E3. 

Regarding missing genre connection, the games were placed randomly and not in genre pairs. Just a list of all Sony and MS retail exclusives in 2015 to show that it isn't THAT skewed.

E3 could reveal some nice surprises and make things quite even. Regardless I'm hoping for some sick conferences too starting with Bethesda in only 20 days!! :D