By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What exclusive PS4 games could we see this holiday? GT7 and Guerrilla Games game possible. Here's why

Let's take a look at each studio.

• Japan Studio - A mixture of delveloping their own games and colabs. Currently working on The Tomorrow Children and Deep Down. Release and average of 2-3 games a year.
    • J.S.E.D.D.  - Studio that works with external developed games
    • PlayStation C.A.M.P. - Develops small PSN games and colabs with indie developers. Last game Rain in 2013  
    • Team Gravity - Developers of the Siren series and Gravity Rush. Release a game on average every 3 years last project was Gravity Rush in 2012 and current project has is Gravity Rush 2 but has no release date.
    • Team Ico  - Made Ico in 2001, Shadow of the Colossus in 2005 but haven't released anything in 10 years. Their current project is The Last Guardian that was revealed back in 2009 but Sony still claim that the game is still in development.

It's hard to keep track of what studio does what within the Japan studios but has a whole they release an average of 3-4 games a year. So far no released games in 2015, have 4 announced projects in the works (including TLG) and haven't released a console game since Knack in 2013.

• Polyphony Digital - Last game was GT6 in 2013. They release a game (not including prologues and "GT Edition 'x'" games). 
  • Bend Studio  - Last game was 2012 and they release a game on average every 2 years. Working on unannounced PS4 game. Best know for Syphon Filter
  • Foster City Studio  - Co-develops various titles.
  • Naughty Dog  - Last game was The Last of Us in 2013. Working on Uncharted 4 with a release date of early 2016
  • San Diego Studio - Last Game MLB 15 this year. Working with 2 other studios and working on another game of their own all penciled in for 2015
  • Santa Monica Studio  - Last proper release (Not remasters or colabs) was God of War Ascension back in 2013. Release a God of War from the main series every 3 years. Currently working on God of War III Remastered to be released this year
  • Sucker Punch Productions  - Release a new game every 2-3 years. Last game was InFamous: Second Son in 2014
  • PixelOpus - Entwined is their on game from this newly established small development team. Released in 2014. No known projects
  • London Studio  - Work on Party/Family type games. Capable of making 2 games a year. Released no games this year
  • Evolution Studios - Last game was DriveClub last year and the release a game on average every 2 years.
  • Guerrilla Games  - Have a second team working on a secret project. Last game was Killzone Shadowfall in 2013 and they release a game every 2 years.
  • Guerrilla Cambridge - Last game was Killzone Mercenary in 2013. Release a game on average every year. Working on unannounced PS4 game.
  • Media Molecule - Annouced game for this year, Tearaway Unfolded for PS4. Have an unannounced PS4 game in the works.
  • XDev  - Colaborates with external studios
  • North West Studio  - Developer for Project Morpheus games

Japan Studios have a very stroung chance of releasing a game(s) this year. Gravity Rush 2, Tomorrow Children or Deep Down  could all make it. Gravity Rush 2 could also make it onto a home console this time.

Polyphony could release GT7 this year after Yamauchi said on 2 occasions that the  release date should be before 2016. GT6 was officially revealed 7 months before launch so theres a chance. There are also rumors that the next GT will be called Gran Turismo Sport. Suggesting a spin off (similar to Forza) that could alternate releases with the main franchise (similar to Forza).

Bend could announce and release their project this year. It's been 3 years since their last game and a lot of people are hoping for Syphon Filter 4.

No chance of Naughty Dog releasing a game this Year. They have 2 teams and with UC4 having a 2016 release date, I can't see the second team even revealing their project (probably TLOU2) until UC4 is done and dusted.

Good chance of seeing another game this year from San Diego Studios. 3 titles with rough release dates of 2015. Kill Strain, Drawn to Death and Guns Up.

Very little chance of seeing a Santa Monica game this year other than the GoW III remastered and various colabs they are working on. The main GoW games release every 3 years, making GoW IV a possible 2016 release.

No Sucker Punch game this year. Only 1 year into their usually 2-3 year game cycle

We could see a game from PixelOpus. They are a small team but work on small games. Entwined was announced and released the same day. Something similar is possible.

London Studios could release a game this year although they might be caught up in working on something for Project Morpheus like their already made Street Luge VR demo. Singstar or Dancestar are possibilities for a 2015 release.

No Evolution game this year. 2016/2017 will more than likely be their next release

Guerrilla Games have a good chance of releasing a game this year. It's been 2 years since last game and they seem to have got to grips with the PS4 quite easily. Is it possible that their second team will manage to keep their secret project under wraps, announce and release it this year? Plus they typically release a KZ every 2 years and it's been 2 years. Will they release something this year?

Guerrilla Cambridge have a strong chance of releasing a game this year. Their name change suggest that they will work on Killzone spinoffs and ports. They are working on a PS4 game and my guess would be it's Killzone 1,2 & 3 remastered.

Media Molecule will not annouced another release this year. Since the Tearaway PS4 game would take up little resources, I expect their unannounced PS4 game to be released next year.

Summary of Games

• Gravity Rush 2 PS4/PSV
  • Tomorrow Children
  • Deep Down
  • GT7/GT Sport
  • Bend Studios Project
  • Kill Strain
  • Drawn to Death
  • Guns Up!
  • PixelOpus game
  • London Studio game (SingStar/DanceStar?)
  • Guerrilla Game secret project
  • Killzone 4
  • GG Cambridge PS4 project (KZ Remastered?)

Around the Network

You have it completely flipped with Guerrilla studios, it's Guerrilla games that will definitely show their open world dino rpg at E3, they've been slit into two teams for quite a long time. Shinobi and Verendus are very confident it'll be at E3 with a "full reveal" meaning gameplay for 2016 release. It's Cambridge that most likely just started development for their PS4 game.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:

You have it completely flipped with Guerrilla studios, it's Guerrilla games that will definitely show their open world dino rpg at E3, they've been slit into two teams for quite a long time. Shinobi and Verendus are very confident it'll be at E3 with a "full reveal" meaning gameplay for 2016 release. It's Cambridge that most likely just started development for their PS4 game.

Could be right. I did know they were 2 teams, just didn't mention it. GG Cambridges last game was 2 years ago and since they work on smaller projects I think they have a better chance of releasing a game this year and their game will be nothing special as they usually work on ports and spinoffs. This is why I think it could be just KZ remastered. As for GG there's a small chance they will announce and release the game this year. If they leave it to next year, team 1 won't release KZ until 2017. That'll be 4 years since KZ:SF.

I've edited a little to mention GGs second team. On reflection I believe that they also have a good chance of releasing something.

Would Sony take the risk of announcing a big game at E3 that is released the same year?

Around the Network

Wouldn't put my house on it. Would love if horizon came our this year but considering every game this gen is getting delayed (or released unfinished) I can't see it happening.

Puppyroach said:
Would Sony take the risk of announcing a big game at E3 that is released the same year?

Why not? It's not like it's 2001 where they would have to rely on magazines to slowly filter out the news.

Things have changed. Look at the time period between the announcement and release of consoles. If PS4 can announce and release hardware within 10 months (even less for X1) then I believe that it's not to risky to reveal and release a game within 5 months.

I doubt that any unannounced games are coming this holiday season (apart from a potential remaster or three). Sony can ride out the fall on the power of multiplats.

Shinobi602 said, horizon is now certainly 2016 game. They were still experimenting. Sony might release bends open world survival horror game with uncharted collection.

Puppyroach said:

Personally I'd be surprised if they didn't. I'm expecting either Gran Turismo 7, Uncharted Collection or The Last Guardian to be released before christmas.

I know they don't have to (price cut and exclusive marketing for Star Wars: Battlefront would be enough sales wise) but it's always preferable to have at least 1 big, new 1st party title to bundle during the holidays and this year hopefully that title will be bigger than LittleBigPlanet 3.