By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What exclusive PS4 games could we see this holiday? GT7 and Guerrilla Games game possible. Here's why

Mike_L said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I hear Microsoft is coming with another remaster of Gears as well. Its quite sickening. Focus on new games. Anyway, heres hoping for Sony's E3. 

Regarding missing genre connection, the games were placed randomly and not in genre pairs. Just a list of all Sony and MS retail exclusives in 2015 to show that it isn't THAT skewed.

E3 could reveal some nice surprises and make things quite even. Regardless I'm hoping for some sick conferences too starting with Bethesda in only 20 days!! :D

Im hyped! So many conferences this year!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I hear Microsoft is coming with another remaster of Gears as well. Its quite sickening. Focus on new games. Anyway, heres hoping for Sony's E3. 

I'm not sure why the hate for remastered games. Why do publishers keep releasing them? Because people buy them. Why do people buy them? because they want them.

People act like remastereds are made to rob us of our money but it requires somebody wanting the game and them willingly handing over their money.

As for the "focus on new games" argument. Most of the time, the work is outsourced to a 3rd party developer or to a small developing team they own and is usually a small team specifically put together for remakes.

If the team do handle the remaster themselves, it's relatively a small task and uses minimal resources. And if they can generate more money and help studios expand or survive, it's another plus.

SWORDF1SH said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm not sure why the hate for remastered games. Why do publishers keep releasing them? Because people buy them. Why do people buy them? because they want them.

People act like remastereds are made to rob us of our money but it requires somebody wanting the game and them willingly handing over their money.

As for the "focus on new games" argument. Most of the time, the work is outsourced to a 3rd party developer or to a small developing team they own and is usually a small team specifically put together for remakes.

If the team do handle the remaster themselves, it's relatively a small task and uses minimal resources. And if they can generate more money and help studios expand or survive, it's another plus.

I never said it waste of money, but this is next gen. They are so focused on remastereds that its taking away from new entrees which could be invested to widen the interest. Instead they are trying to lure people to old franchises which will already have the capacity to sell consoles themselves. I mean the only two remastereds that ive enjoyed are Halo and Last of us but beyond that its a bit much.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I never said it waste of money, but this is next gen. They are so focused on remastereds that its taking away from new entrees which could be invested to widen the interest. Instead they are trying to lure people to old franchises which will already have the capacity to sell consoles themselves. I mean the only two remastereds that ive enjoyed are Halo and Last of us but beyond that its a bit much.

I fully agree with you that devs' focus should be on new, original games but I think the reason why we're getting more remasters than in other gens is because Sony and MS basically split the 7th gen HD market equally between them and because a lot of especially young people only had a Wii. Now they want to offer their best 7th gen games to new customers that didn't own a PS3/360 in order to earn money and build up hype for sequels.

Luckily we're seeing great numbers for a lot of new games and top 30 best selling PS4 games only has 2 remasters (GTAV and TLOU) proving that the majority of people buy new games but also that a lot of new customers and former 360 only owners wanted to try 2 of last gen's most acclaimed games. And I'm ok with that.

As swordf1sh said, remasters are often outsourced or made by only a small part of the dev team. If people don't want them they certainly don't have to buy them. For instance Borderlands THC (0.10 mill on PS4), Sleeping Dogs (0.22 mill), DMC (0.07 mill), Saints Row IV (0.16 mill), etc. were probably only bought by people that never played them in the first place.

SWORDF1SH said:
beeje13 said:
Great list OP, I think we will see Horzon from Guerilla, GoW or whatever Santa monica have been working on, revealed at E3 as the Megaton annouuncements, with initial 2016 release dates. GT7 might be too early for a reveal, maybe save for the PS conference at the Paris games show later this year? Sucker Punch to reveal next year.

I think Sony Bend could announce a small-medium size title to release this year.

You say that but;

"In an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu (and translated by Polygon.com), series creator Kazunori Yamauchi mentioned that GT7 would be coming to the PlayStation 4 console 'in a year or two [from 2013]'"

"In an interview with GamesTM magazine, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed a release for GT7 sometime in 2015/2016"

Also GT6 was revealed in May 2013 and released Dec 2013.

It's possible, and I hadn't seen that quote before, but I kind of hoped that they would take their cars, tracks and physics to the PS4 game. That usually takes time. Unless they had already been working on GT7 stuff before GT6.

What about another prologue game?

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Around the Network

i think the ''big game'' this holiday is just going to be Uncharted remasters,thats it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
i think the ''big game'' this holiday is just going to be Uncharted remasters,thats it

Nope, Persona 5

taus90 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Nope, Persona 5

I wouldn't exactly call Persona a ''big game'' though

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

SWORDF1SH said:
Ali_16x said:

Honestly I really doubt Killzone is the game we are getting this year, since they are announcing Horizon in E3, why would they draw the hype away from it by announcing Killzone and releasing it this year. I have a feeling all their employees are working on Horizon since it is an Open World RPG.

If they announce Project Horizon then I agree, no KZ announcement. But can you see why I added KZ/Project Horizon to the list. Again the list isn't saying they all have a good chance but rather the window is open for certain studio within WWS to be releasing a game determined by past release trends.

I think there is a quiet possibility that we might see horizon this year, as the engine is in place, and the second team might have started developing horizon at the same time shadow fall started. As for Cambridge studio, I saw an ad regarding they were working something along the lines of killzone 2, maybe they are retooling Killzone 2 for PS4 or a completely new killzone or killzone mercenaries 2 but none of these will be for this year.

i support your argument of killzone every 2 years, but I prefer to see it as GG games every 2 years and this year might be Horizon or early next year

PwerlvlAmy said:
taus90 said:

Nope, Persona 5

I wouldn't exactly call Persona a ''big game'' though

I think you should