By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593
TheGoldenBoy said:
Conegamer said:

Has the DLC been like free updates so far then?

Yeah 16 weeks of free DLC.

That's excellent news then. Though the game had more than enough content initially! 

Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been quite mad here but hopefully there will be time to play soon. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Fluctuating currently between 8/10 and 8.5/10

I'm about to head for Skellige soon from Novigrad, loving characters, quest design and world details, very satisfied with combat and different ways you can handle it, considering it's almost melee only game, not liking at all poor world/level design in regards to free-roam exploration and dependence on POIs/map.

Just bought it. Haven't played either of the first two. This gon be good :)

Man, I can't wait for my new rig and absolutely murder this on Ultra! Will be epic!

Mummelmann said:
Man, I can't wait for my new rig and absolutely murder this on Ultra! Will be epic!

It's really beautifull game (though I think their engine is not well optimized).

Oh, and considering (IIRC) you're Piranha Bytes fan (like myself), lower your expectations a bit for certain aspects of game.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Same! Almost wanting to hold back on playing it on PS4 so I can use it on my new gaming PC. Looking at screenshots it will be goooood.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

HoldDust; huge PB fan here, Gothic 1,2 and 3 all have spots in my top 20 of all time list.

Conegamer; yeah, I can't even imagine how awesome it will be once the inevitable mods start rolling out, seeing what people did with Skyrim, imagine what they can do with this game...

Still in Velen, lvl 15 currently. Fighting high level opponents solo is actually fun, groups are still annoying though due to the camera.
While the Baron quest line was awesome, following Triss around and now trying to find Dandelion is all a bit meh in comparison. Running around the map exploring is more fun and I just cleared the last bits last night.
It currently sits at an 8/10 for me. The quests were great at the start, but atm I'm swamped with small filler quests, go here, scan the circle to find out what happened or kill x and report back, completed.

My kids wanted to play it. I let them run around for a bit, horse riding didn't go well. The little one was disappointed he couldn't set the trees on fire. The older one tried to melt the ice in the frozen village and knock the icicles off the buildings. Can't. They went back to Minecraft after 10 minutes.

SvennoJ said:
Still in Velen, lvl 15 currently. Fighting high level opponents solo is actually fun, groups are still annoying though due to the camera.
While the Baron quest line was awesome, following Triss around and now trying to find Dandelion

I think you'll find your no longer in velen if your following triss and looking for dandelion as they're in novigrad 😄

ive actually stopped playing main game for abut as I appeared to have to XP bug and wasn't receiving XP for a while and didn't notice, I no longer dares go forward in the quest in case I miss out on major XP, so in the meantime I've been checking out the question marks.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Mummelmann said:
HoldDust; huge PB fan here, Gothic 1,2 and 3 all have spots in my top 20 of all time list.

Yeah, it's in my Top 10 favourite franchises (with 3+ entries).

You remember how PB gives you open worlds that you can explore how ever you like, yet subtly nudging you, either by really clever landscape design or by some really nasty monsters, to, let's say, prefer some areas more than others at certain level (although you can still go wherever you like from the start), so you never feel (although there is no handholding aids) lost or overwhelmed by the world?

Well, CDPR, although they've said Gothic is their influence, has a lot to learn from them when it comes to world design for free-roam - due to way how the landscape is too flatish and with immense amount of trees that are blocking line of sight, unfortunatelly, you'll have to decide from very early on whether you want to keep POIs on map and ruin immersion or disable them and turn your free-roam into combing the map affair.

This is my main problem with the game, everything else, with few little problems, I like quite a bit, but this alone is preventing me to treat this game as anything more than 8.5/10. I'm sure there are people who have zero problems with this, but for open-world game, IMO, this is major design oversight, and I honestly think that it would be better if it was more linear affair like W2.

However, though I might come off as bit too harsh, W3 is a blast to play, I can't keep myself from it, and, again, I recommend it to every WRPG fan.