By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593

So after far, far too long, The Witcher 3 is finally here. Coming effectively 4 years to the day from the previous entry, the game lands on the new generation of consoles for the first time. So there must surely be a lot of people with useful opinions, and if so then I'd love to hear them and I'm sure everyone else would, too! 

What do you think of the game? Are you loving it? Are you loathing the amount of time it's eating away already? Are you, like me, frustrated that you can't play it yet? Let us know below!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I had a brief session this morning and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is great, NPCs don't feel like NPCs and the colours and visuals really pop. On top of that its running at a stable 60fps. I couldn't be happier.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
I had a brief session this morning and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is great, NPCs don't feel like NPCs and the colours and visuals really pop. On top of that its running at a stable 60fps. I couldn't be happier.

Nice! Are you playing on PC by any chance?

I have played 6 hours on pc with all settings cranked to ultra with nvidia hair works on as well. the game is mostly 60fps. theres a framerate issue during cutscene which is bug . Apart from that the only i notice it , is when you ride roach too quickly from area to the next. I have had no problems with game breaking bugs as mentioned on the internet.

The graphics is purely stunning. The story is fantastic and the detail on the npcs and the main characters is wow. Oh yea yennefer on ultra is damn fucking hot!. Combat is much faster and much more responsive then witcher 2. Leveling up system is very detail and follows skyrim with light, heavy an medium armor. Mutagen plays a bigger role here with your character stats and how bonuses given by the mutagen increase if you match them with the abilities you unlock. AI is pretty smart.

You don't have to worry about them. Difficulty hasn't changed from witcher 2. At the start you are alot stronger then you were in witcher 2. Plus no loading screens is awesom. Btw if you have purchased the retail version of witcher 3 , then you have to install 4 discs. The graphic options available is not as big compared to witcher 2.

The hairworks is pretty cool. they work and looks Quite realistic. it works on geralt and the enemies. Its still not proper which you guys will see as you progress in the story. If you dont have a top end GU, you will get quite a bit of performance hit to your frame rate
my impression i wrote on the witcher 3 meta thread

Still haven't got it, was going to buy it day one and play it on a new rig but my purchase has been delayed. Probably won't be until June I get it (along with my new PC).

From what my friends tell me though; I had every reason to be excited about this title. They're all playing it on PC btw.

Around the Network

The witcher runs very well on xbox one, i haven't any problems with FPS, it has been very stable so far, great graphics, sound, music, story, environments are stunning, and gameplay has received a much aprreciated boost, great excellent game so far for me.

Conegamer said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Yes I am, very happy with it.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
Conegamer said:

Yes I am, very happy with it.

Are you also using nvidia hair works?

2 more hours at work and my 10 hour shift is over and the witcher is waiting at home! So hyped! Never played the other two but reading through the novels and they're so epic! Can't wait to see the places in the books on the game!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
2 more hours at work and my 10 hour shift is over and the witcher is waiting at home! So hyped! Never played the other two but reading through the novels and they're so epic! Can't wait to see the places in the books on the game!

The books? I was unaware that there were books! Glad you are enjoying them though; no doubt makes the wait even more difficult knowing what's to come.