By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - where are the wii u retail releases

2015 the weakest line up so far?

definately 106 47.32%

nope 76 33.93%

on par 42 18.75%

Total:224

2015 line up isn't the greatest for Wii U, but it could have been, if Zelda U was not delayed..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

12 games in a year.
6 games between January - October
6 games between October - December

Lol. I like that.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

curl-6 said:

Let's not fool ourselves it's "pretty much dead" either. Too many high profile games for that. Systems where support is "dead" don't get games like Zelda or Xenoblade Chronicles X.

You've been on this forum long enough to know that "dead" is a moving goalpost depending on what point you wish to push.

And besides, even Vita could get something like Freedom Wars in 2014 which was a 3-year project with high production values and a good-sized marketing push in Japan.  Doesn't say anything about the level of support the console was getting at the time because it was clear bigger titles were pretty much dead on the system as early as 2013.

That doesn't mean support is dead even now, because it gets mid-level stuff in Japan and niche-level stuff in the west, but for some people, that's "dead".

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

one of the best sites the internet has to offer.

Retail releases in Europe 2015 - Released or confirmed dates:

Captain Toad - January 2
Mario Party 10 - March 20
Kirby an the Rainbow Paintbrush - May 8
Teslagrad - May 8
Splatoon - May 25
Legend of Kay Anniversary - June 12
Lego Jurassic World - June 12
Yoshis Wooly World - June 26
Mighty No 9 - September 18
Rodea Sky Soldier - September 25
Lego Dimensions - September 29
Mario Maker - September XX

Upcoming, 2015 release possible/likely

Baila Latino
Devil's Third
Disney Infinity 3.0 - Starter Pack
Fatal Frame
Guitar Hero Live
Lego Marvel's Avengers
Mind Labyrinth

Project CARS
Project Giant Robot
Project Guard
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Star Fox
Yoga Master
Tantalus Wii U AAA port
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo E3 game
Nintendo E3 game
Nintendo E3 game

All in all.. it's an ok year.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
bigtakilla said:

Even in 6 months unless they announce something epic its gonna be hard to top donkey Kong, mark kart, smash,bayo 1 and 2. 

Devil's Third/Fatal Frame is the Bayonetta of this year

Splatoon is the Mario Kart of this year

Xenoblade X is the Donkey Kong of this year

Star Fox U is the Smash of this year

Then we still have Yoshi's Wooly World, SMT x FE (which is coming this year in Japan) and a lot of minor games (Rodea, Legend of Kay, Project CARS, Guitar Hero Live, Mighty No. 9, LEGO Jurassic Park, LEGO Dimensions, unnannounced games from Nintendo.

2015 is already selling more Wii U's than 2014 and it will most likely continue that way.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Well, we still have to wait for E3 to see how many are delayed and what new unnaounced projects are going to be released this year.

I still believe they are not going to invest more money on the Wii U and just release the games already in development. Fusion is likely at this point an almost guarantee 2016 release.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Well, we still have to wait for E3 to see how many are delayed and what new unnaounced projects are going to be released this year.

I still believe they are not going to invest more money on the Wii U and just release the games already in development. Fusion is likely at this point an almost guarantee 2016 release.

Why do you think that? There are no signs for it to happen in 2016.

Mbolibombo said:
Pavolink said:

Why do you think that? There are no signs for it to happen in 2016.

Have you seen the sales? And Nintendo is going to announce the NX next year. Plus, during 2014 Iwata mentioned they needed 2 years at least to change how we play or something like that. So, 2014 + 2 = 2016.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Platina said:
2015 line up isn't the greatest for Wii U, but it could have been, if Zelda U was not delayed..

Yeah, no Zelda this year is a pretty big loss for the Wii U's line of reeleases for this year.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."