By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - where are the wii u retail releases

2015 the weakest line up so far?

definately 106 47.32%

nope 76 33.93%

on par 42 18.75%

Total:224

The release schedule this year has been VERY baron, and when VG chartz finally releases the latest sales figures you'll see Wii U console sales will be very poor as a result. Everyone agrees that the Wii U has great games, but they have not been able to sustain any momentum.
As good as their 1st party games are the lack of 3rd party support is starting to really bite.
I'm still optimistic! If E3 can show the fans some great new titles and lock down solid release dates for games
already announced (Devils Third I'm looking at you) then Wii U sales will rebound. They need some great titles, and not upcoming but out in the not too distant future.....

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
97alexk said:

Nintendo knows that it has a big fanabase and they know people cant buy a new game every month, ofc there are people with money and want a game every month, thats where indies come in and the Wii U eshop

500 thousand people bought Mario party 10 roughly so far that leaves 9 million other people to buy a game. I think they can release more then one a month

Good games take time to release. a rushed game is never better than a delayed game- Also nintendo doesnt have unlimited manpower. Even mario party 10 feels a bit rushed :/ unfortunatly

daredevil.shark said:
curl-6 said:
daredevil.shark said:
In terms of software support Wii U is pretty much dead. 

Splatoon 

Yoshi’s Woolly World

Mario Maker

Rodea: The Sky Soldier

LEGO Dimensions

LEGO Jurassic World

Guitar Hero Live

Fatal Frame 5

Devil’s Third

FAST Racing Neo

Project CARS

Starfox

Project Treasure

The Mighty No.9

Swords and Soldiers II

Xenoblade Chronicles X 

Shin Megami Tensai x Fire Emblem

The 90s Arcade Racer

The Legend of Kay Anniversary

Zelda 

(+ Multiple unannounced titles confirmed)

Many of the games in this list are MIA and small indie. Lets not fool ourselves. There are small fraction games.

Let's not fool ourselves it's "pretty much dead" either. Too many high profile games for that. Systems where support is "dead" don't get games like Zelda or Xenoblade Chronicles X.

KLXVER said:
Nintendo has never said that...

Yeah i don't think they ever said that exactly, but there were more than 12 games announced for 2015. So that's one game a month on average, though obviously more games are released around the holiday's.

From a European perspective, the first six months of the year will have had Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Kirby, Splatoon and Yoshi. Project Giant Robot is also still down as 'first half', so that could still end up being a June release. Add to that N64 and Wii games on Virtual Console, and some strong eShop releases, plus DLC for Smash, Kart and Hyrule Warriors, and I think Nintendo have done a good job of keeping content ticking over.

At this point I'm actually more concerned about the second half of the year. Zelda, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Project Treasure and Pokken Tournament (if it's Wii U bound) will be 2016, I think. Mario Maker is down for September and Xenoblade Chronicles X should make it out at some point this year, as should Devil's Third. I'm not sure what will become of Project Guard, and I'm worried Star Fox could be delayed, too.

Good job E3 is round the corner.

Around the Network
Asriel said:
From a European perspective, the first six months of the year will have had Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Kirby, Splatoon and Yoshi. Project Giant Robot is also still down as 'first half', so that could still end up being a June release. Add to that N64 and Wii games on Virtual Console, and some strong eShop releases, plus DLC for Smash, Kart and Hyrule Warriors, and I think Nintendo have done a good job of keeping content ticking over.

At this point I'm actually more concerned about the second half of the year. Zelda, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Project Treasure and Pokken Tournament (if it's Wii U bound) will be 2016, I think. Mario Maker is down for September and Xenoblade Chronicles X should make it out at some point this year, as should Devil's Third. I'm not sure what will become of Project Guard, and I'm worried Star Fox could be delayed, too.

Captain toad and Kirby are tiny releases though (ESP Kirby) Mario party 10 is a biggish release as is splatoon. Will yoshi arrive in June though? Like you say at e3 we need some definate release dates on a lot of games

for NA's standpoint yes it is not that good. hopefully E3 can bring a lot of good surprises for Wii U owners.

12 games in a year.
6 games between January - October
6 games between October - December

Nogamez said:
Asriel said:

Captain toad and Kirby are tiny releases though (ESP Kirby) Mario party 10 is a biggish release as is splatoon. Will yoshi arrive in June though? Like you say at e3 we need some definate release dates on a lot of games

Of course there are smaller releases. Nintendo can't churn out 8 to 12 blockbuster games a year, not while supporting 3DS and Wii U. Larger titles will be supplemented by smaller titles, DLC, eShop and Virtual Console. I think, given the circumstances, Nintendo have done a decent job so far this year. And as with my other dates, Yoshi is a European release, 26th of June. Doesn't leave much room for Project Giant Robot, if that's still coming as a retail title.

There is an average of a game per month this year.  Just they are not being released that way, most of them are on the second half of the year.

And I do think this is the best year for software on WiiU, Splatoon is a new classic, Xenoblade has big chances to become not only the best game on Wiiu, but the best game on the whole generation by now. Yoshi Woolly World is being underrated for everyone, but when the game ends up with a 85 on meta, +1m sales before 2016 and being the best platformer this year, then ... maybe they will learn a lesson. And of cousre Fatal Frame 5 and Mario Maker are no jokes.
On the third party side project cars and black ops 3   is coming. And we have to see if there´s a new Paper Mario or Animal Crossing for this year, the chances are high.