Forums - Nintendo Discussion - where are the wii u retail releases

2015 the weakest line up so far?

definately 106 47.32%

nope 76 33.93%

on par 42 18.75%

Total:224
Pavolink said:
Mbolibombo said:

Why do you think that? There are no signs for it to happen in 2016.

Have you seen the sales? And Nintendo is going to announce the NX next year. Plus, during 2014 Iwata mentioned they needed 2 years at least to change how we play or something like that. So, 2014 + 2 = 2016.

I am well aware of the sales, and the sales are better than last year. They arent losing money on the WiiU any more, they wont rush a new product. I believe they will reveal the console at next years E3 and have it ready by 2017. At least two years doesnt mean they will release it in 2016 and I will gladly make a bet about it ;)

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
Pavolink said:

Have you seen the sales? And Nintendo is going to announce the NX next year. Plus, during 2014 Iwata mentioned they needed 2 years at least to change how we play or something like that. So, 2014 + 2 = 2016.

I am well aware of the sales, and the sales are better than last year. They arent losing money on the WiiU any more, they wont rush a new product. I believe they will reveal the console at next years E3 and have it ready by 2017. At least two years doesnt mean they will release it in 2016 and I will gladly make a bet about it ;)

Nintendo can't survive with those sales. And no, sales are not better. You should look the earnings reports. Last quarter, better than the current one, showed a pronunced decline on the 3DS hw sales while the Wii U bump was not as good as expected. They can't even meet the forecast of 3.6M. The forecasted for this FY a similar number.

In which universe a 3.6M forecast is for a console is good? And why would they want to keep investing in something like that until 2017? What kind of Nintendo fan will want their pain to continue 2 more years?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Paatar said:
Nogamez said:

Even in 6 months unless they announce something epic its gonna be hard to top donkey Kong, mark kart, smash,bayo 1 and 2. 

Devil's Third/Fatal Frame is the Bayonetta of this year

Splatoon is the Mario Kart of this year

Xenoblade X is the Donkey Kong of this year

Star Fox U is the Smash of this year

Then we still have Yoshi's Wooly World, SMT x FE (which is coming this year in Japan) and a lot of minor games (Rodea, Legend of Kay, Project CARS, Guitar Hero Live, Mighty No. 9, LEGO Jurassic Park, LEGO Dimensions, unnannounced games from Nintendo.

2015 is already selling more Wii U's than 2014 and it will most likely continue that way.

Gamewise I agree that 2015 is superior to 2014, but saleswise nah, Wii U will start falling behind come June as nothing is as big as Mario Kart.

Pavolink said:
Mbolibombo said:
Pavolink said:

Nintendo can't survive with those sales. And no, sales are not better. You should look the earnings reports. Last quarter, better than the current one, showed a pronunced decline on the 3DS hw sales while the Wii U bump was not as good as expected. They can't even meet the forecast of 3.6M. The forecasted for this FY a similar number.

In which universe a 3.6M forecast is for a console is good? And why would they want to keep investing in something like that until 2017? What kind of Nintendo fan will want their pain to continue 2 more years?

Prepare for dissapointment, they wont rush a new console. What kind of Nintendofan would want them to rush out a new "meh" product? 

Nintendo did some heavy investing as we know so obviously their cashflow took a beat but Nintendos total assets increased by almost 60 billion yen last year . I am sure they can handle another year of so-so sales beyond your expected release date of 2016. They will survive. No worries.

Mbolibombo said:

Prepare for dissapointment, they wont rush a new console. What kind of Nintendofan would want them to rush out a new "meh" product? 

Nintendo did some heavy investing as we know so obviously their cashflow took a beat but Nintendos total assets increased by almost 60 billion yen last year . I am sure they can handle another year of so-so sales beyond your expected release date of 2016. They will survive. No worries.

The kind of fan that expect a brilliant idea like Fusion next year, a hardware lineup sharing most of the library, an easy OS to develop for and for consequence, a great library with no droughs.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Mbolibombo said:

The kind of fan that expect a brilliant idea like Fusion next year, a hardware lineup sharing most of the library, an easy OS to develop for and for consequence, a great library with no droughs.

I am also for that. It's just not going to happen in 2016. I want a splendid fantastic console that is going to happen and I am willing to wait until 2017 and so is Nintendo I am sure.

But we're not really going places, you believe 2016 and that's fine I guess... I just dont think there are anything that points towards it :>

KLXVER said:
Nintendo has never said that...

You're right about that. However, I'll just post the reason as to how this rumour started.

Back in 2014, August 14, twitter-user Nico.A posted the following:

''Ça va faire plaisir mais c'est du #remastered ! Mais c'est parfait pour boucher les plannings.Vraiment 2015 c'est un jeu par mois pour BigN''

Which roughly translates to: ''It's going to please [us], but it will be a remaster! But it's perfect to fill the gaps in the schedule. Really, in 2015, that's one game every month from BigN.''

He leaked some info before (about Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon iirc), hence this was more credible than any other rumour. I think including the rumoured remaster, 12 games were scheduled to release in 2015 for the Wii U (That's Kirby, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Yoshi, Xenoblade, Zelda, Star Fox, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Mario Maker, Devil's Third, and the rumoured remaster). 

Nintendo themselves never claimed they were going to release one game every month, but if the rumour is true, 12 games were in the planning for 2015, on average, that's one game every month.

Source: 

Actually I thought it was Reggie who said a game per month, or maybe I'm remembering that from last year. Either way, no one actually believed that would happen, only that they had enough games lined up for it to be possible.

Platina said:
2015 line up isn't the greatest for Wii U, but it could have been, if Zelda U was not delayed..

This, I think this year is strong for Wii U but with Zelda U would be greatest.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Actually I thought it was Reggie who said a game per month, or maybe I'm remembering that from last year. Either way, no one actually believed that would happen, only that they had enough games lined up for it to be possible.

The thing is, they have enough games, it's just that the first few months are a bit barren, as it's always the case. Only Zelda is confirmed to be delayed, that means there's still 8 games coming this year (not counting the rumoured remaster, as it's nothing more than a rumour). Plus, E3 is around the corner and Iwata revealed that there are still several unannounced Wii U titles that coming before the end of spring 2016. Super Mario 3D World and Captain Toad were announced at E3 in the same year they were released, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced more games coming to the Wii U in 2015 at E3.