Forums - Nintendo Discussion - where are the wii u retail releases

2015 the weakest line up so far?

definately 106 47.32%

nope 76 33.93%

on par 42 18.75%

Total:224
think-man said:
Do indie games count?

I personally dont count them, on any console.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Too early for this thread. E3 is less than a month away and I'm sure, as always, Nintendo is holding a lot of stuff in their sleeves. We do know that there is one missing AAA title to be released this year that we don't know about - other than StarFox, XCX 

It has been pathetic so far this year, lets be honest here.

Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:

Nintendo made a small profit this year after 4 years of operating losses  (about $1billion+ combined)  - They made a profit this year due to cutting cost over the last 4 years not due to increases in revenue-  their annual revenue have dropped over the last 4 years  along with expenes-   So they don t beleive in the wiiu or they would have increased their investmetn in it (via games marketing etc)  but they have done the opposit-  The Wii U is not making money - no one  at Nintendo has indicated they are to date-     It will be difficult for them to make a profit this year - either way it would be a small one if they do-and their revenues will probably fall again -   

The fact they have not been investing much in their future makes me very curious/concerned as to what they have in mind re next generation-    

$350m profit isn't small, also were you find 4 years of losses?

-2012. first loss ever for Nintendo - 43,204 million yen

-2013. profit - 7,099 million yen

-2014. second loss - 23,222 million yen

-2015. profit - 41,843 million yen (around $350m)

They made a profit this year due to cutting cost, but also changing business and operating models, and now they making much bigger profit with similar revenue. I can't see why they can't do same thing for next 2 years. For current year they aiming similar profit like in 2014., around $300m.

Why do you think they not investing in their future!? Last year or two they keep talking about new staffs, services, new console, new business models..

4 years of OPERATING losses-  the money they made the 2 years yo pointed out were do to favorable yen/dollar exhange rates but the actual operating entity lost money-

They will probably stay close to small losses and or small profits the next 2 years-  i doubt they will have big profit or loss the next 2 years

the reason i say they have not been investing much is due to their operating budget continuing to be lower every year-  they can invest outside their operaating budget and i don t know the varius accounting rules for the Nikkie exchange but Nintenod as a compnay has shrunk tremendously over the last 4 to 5 years and is still smaller than it was even during th egame cube years aomong others

What they do for the next genertion is critical for them to start growing revenue and market share again-  (profits too)

curl-6 said:
daredevil.shark said:
In terms of software support Wii U is pretty much dead. 

Splatoon 

Yoshi’s Woolly World

Mario Maker

Rodea: The Sky Soldier

LEGO Dimensions

LEGO Jurassic World

Guitar Hero Live

Fatal Frame 5

Devil’s Third

FAST Racing Neo

Project CARS

Starfox

Project Treasure

The Mighty No.9

Swords and Soldiers II

Xenoblade Chronicles X 

Shin Megami Tensai x Fire Emblem

The 90s Arcade Racer

The Legend of Kay Anniversary

Zelda 

(+ Multiple unannounced titles confirmed)

Lego Marvel´s Avengers

Disney Infinity 3.0

Miyamoto´s Projects (Project Guard, Project Giant Robo)

and a loooong list of indies (Never Alone, OctoDad, The Bridge, Don´t Starve etc etc etc etc etc)

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:

They made a profit this year due to cutting cost, but also changing business and operating models, and now they making much bigger profit with similar revenue. I can't see why they can't do same thing for next 2 years. For current year they aiming similar profit like in 2014., around $300m.

Why do you think they not investing in their future!? Last year or two they keep talking about new staffs, services, new console, new business models..

4 years of OPERATING losses-  the money they made the 2 years yo pointed out were do to favorable yen/dollar exhange rates but the actual operating entity lost money-

They will probably stay close to small losses and or small profits the next 2 years-  i doubt they will have big profit or loss the next 2 years

the reason i say they have not been investing much is due to their operating budget continuing to be lower every year-  they can invest outside their operaating budget and i don t know the varius accounting rules for the Nikkie exchange but Nintenod as a compnay has shrunk tremendously over the last 4 to 5 years and is still smaller than it was even during th egame cube years aomong others

What they do for the next genertion is critical for them to start growing revenue and market share again-  (profits too)

So basically, they depends on exchange rates?

Wow, this gen should end sooner than expected.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

This can't really be answered until 2015 is over. I mean, you dismissed someone's list out of hand because "many of these titles could easily be delayed to 2016". What if they aren't?

Also, what if Nintendo has a 2015 game to announce at E3? What if some of their 2015 games turn out to be unexpectedly good, or bad? We'll just have to see.

Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Isn't Net Income bottom of line!?

Exhange rates yes, but point is that they made money at end, and not lost.

For me $350m profit for 2014. looks like very good, especially if know they have lost for around $250m in 2013.

Bottom of line they stabilize their business, they dont bleeding money and they now operating with profit, so they don't have to rush with new consoles on market. I think after Wii U, too rushed new console would be very bad for them, but luckily they don't need to rush.

There is no question that Nintendo IS NOT in danger of going BK - So I agree with you that they are not in financial trouble- My point is their primary business has been shrinking for years and losing money or break even the last 4- Nintendo today is a shell of the company it was only 4-5 years ago and has continued on a downward direction since before the Wii and DS-

IMO Iwata was so concerned with getting the earning back to break even or profit that he sacrificed the WII U/this gen, overall market share and at least some aspects of the future to do so-

It's over there, take a look.

(points to the distant horizon).

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.