By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console have better games: PS Vita or Wii U? (only Retail)

I have neither platform, currently. As somebody who prefers handhelds to home-consoles I'd say the Wii U has the more diverse and interesting library for me. Vita has some interesting games as well, but I can't really think of a must-buy title for me whilst the Wii U has multiple ones which have been released/will release soon.

I'm interested: what are some good JRPG's on the Vita that aren't remakes/are unique? I own Persona 4 and FFX for PS2. I played the DS verison of Tales of Hearts (Japanese translation patch), so I'm not interested in experiencing the same story of what I consider a mediocre tales of game. I played Muramasa on Wii (and one can play it on Wii U.) The other games seem to be an Etrian Odyssey clone (which I get enough of on the 3DS) and a Monster Hunter clone (which I get enough of on the 3DS.) I think in the end while the Vita will have more high quality JRPG's and it is good for people who don't play too much of the genre, the Wii U will have more unique high quality JRPG's coming (XBC:X and Revelations: FE) which interest me. I hope to eventually get a Vita though! :)

Around the Network
JNK said:
vita has 3 90+ meta games
wii u have 7 90+ meta games

Wii u games have WAY better user votes on metacritic too.

In my opinion wii u library is comparable to ps4/xbox one but not vitas.

Fez and Velocity 2X, those are the games I'd buy a Vita for!

These games are only that high because they barely got reviews.

JNK said:

Mario Kart DLC now counts as a game? :p

2 of those 90+ games were also released on Vita. ;)

If you want to pull the numbers game. Vita has 113 75+ rated (good) games while Wii U has 85. So bout 40% more good games on Vita if you're going to use metacritic? Or do people only play games that score 90% and above? They'd be a bit buggered with that Mario Kart DLC, as the base game "only" got 88.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
JNK said:

If you want to pull the numbers game. Vita has 113 75+ rated (good) games while Wii U has 85. So bout 40% more good games on Vita if you're going to use metacritic? Or do people only play games that score 90% and above? They'd be a bit buggered with that Mario Kart DLC, as the base game "only" got 88.

If you are gonna use the whole DLC argument, shouldn't you do the same for vita in a thread about retail? (Get rid of all digital games)

JNK said:
for me its wii u by far. TBH im not interested in a single vita game scince i dont liketypical japenese games at all

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Killzone: Mercenary
Tearaway
LittleBigPlanet: PS Vita
Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition
Wipeout: 2048
Soul Sacrifice
Mortal Kombat IX
Gravity Rush
Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
JNK said:

Vita games barely get reviews. It's a common rule of metacritic that the score of a game will drop if it gets more reviews.

Take all the inferior ports away from the Vita and you're left with very little.

Are Fez and Velocity 2X really worth 90%+ on metacritic? No, they're not. You can play Fez on almost every platform, including the cheapest pc. Just look at the userscores of these games lol.

kljesta64 said:
Wii U

actually it has the best library this gen so far while vita has the worst.

This is your opinion. 

My opinion:
Vita > PS4 > Xbox One > 3DS > Wii U

Wii U

vivster said:
Asking this question here is like going to a Smash Bros convention and ask if somebody's up for some PABR.

Good comparison!

well thats a good question. i would go with wiiu, but well the vita has realy good games too. i would say VC and wii backwards win this fight for now. maybe the wiiu can win on its own in the future, but we will see how good the nintendo games will be