By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console have better games: PS Vita or Wii U? (only Retail)

SpokenTruth said:
PxlStorm said:
PS Vita.
But that's because I value JRPGs over pretty much all other genres.

This is really the best side of the Vita argument.  Wii U has a few (mostly only in Japan or yet to launch globally) but Vita handidly has far more.  And this is largely due to the portable nature of Vita and Japan being very portable centric now.

For most else, Wii U wins but for JRPG fans, Vita really does an admirable job satisfying the demands of JRPG fans.

It actually doesn't win me over with JRPG, given my rpg tastes seems a bit more unique. Vita has some strong ones like Persona and Freedom Wars, but the rest really play a bit cliche for my tastes. (Guess I am just really picky these day.)

Given this my view on Anime as well, so take that as you will.  (I use to be Anime/JRPG type guy, but something happened.)

Around the Network

Wii U. The vita has no games that interest me.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

SpokenTruth said:
PxlStorm said:
PS Vita.
But that's because I value JRPGs over pretty much all other genres.

This is really the best side of the Vita argument.  Wii U has a few (mostly only in Japan or yet to launch globally) but Vita handidly has far more.  And this is largely due to the portable nature of Vita and Japan being very portable centric now.

For most else, Wii U wins but for JRPG fans, Vita really does an admirable job satisfying the demands of JRPG fans.

Other than 3D platformer, I can't really think of a single genre the Wii U beats the Vita library in?

Infact, Vita has it's own decent set of those too. I mean Tearaway is fantastic then the Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank games are decent too.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Acevil said:
Wii U for myself but honestly Nintendo quality titles are hard to beat unless you have the big third party support. Naughty Dog might be the only developer that rivals that but they only make a title every 2 years.

i like nintendo alot too but thats not 100% right.

Blizzard, CdprojectRed and co also doing a really good job

bigtakilla said:

Wii U

and on a side note, the 3ds has a vastly better library than the PS4.

No

Around the Network

persona 4 golden
freedom wars
gravity rush
and a bunch of other jrgs

vita wins.

wiiu only has mario and friends.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
JNK said:
Acevil said:
Wii U for myself but honestly Nintendo quality titles are hard to beat unless you have the big third party support. Naughty Dog might be the only developer that rivals that but they only make a title every 2 years.

i like nintendo alot too but thats not 100% right.

Blizzard, CdprojectRed and co also doing a really good job

First party was the key part of what I meant. Given i guess I didn't word it correctly. Vita doesn't have the power of the almighty third party companies that produce the best titles. 

vita has 3 90+ meta games
wii u have 7 90+ meta games

Wii u games have WAY better user votes on metacritic too.

In my opinion wii u library is comparable to ps4/xbox one but not vitas.

deskpro2k3 said:

persona 4 golden
freedom wars
gravity rush
and a bunch of other jrgs

vita wins.

wiiu only has mario and friends.

Mario and friends is still better than the poor library of the Vita.

For the games per se, I'd say Vita.

But considering I hate playing on handhelds, and thus, render all the games on that console moot for me, I've got to say WiiU.