By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm sorry but Sonys first party has to finally get their act together

Some insomniac dev on neogaf said that the movie being delayed caused the game to be delayed. Something about finding the correct distributor and ad slots for the movie or something.

Around the Network

Sony could have their E3 conference be Kaz literally laughing like a madman for 90 straight minutes and PS4 will still sell out. Sony has nothing to worry about even if they announce all first party game development outside of Naughty Dog is canceled.

About two years in and Im still waiting for good reasons to buy a PS4. Uncharted 4 could single handedly motive a purchase of PS4 but aint coming soon.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

kitler53 said:
**looks at other 1st party line-ups**

dear god this thread is laughable.

Laughable my ass, Nintendo and MS could have both released 1 first party game each in their first year and that still wouldn't make Sonys performance any more acceptable, I'm looking at Sony WWS output and Sony published games on their own and not from a "but look at the others" kind of view, just because everyone is doing a bad job does not mean that Sony should be let of the hook here.

Oh and I see that the R&C delay has been confirmed by now, great...

I've been saying this shit for absolute years. Last of Us shut me up momentarily though. Hope the next one will too.

Around the Network

Im looking forward to the ratchet an clank movie

You know what the most damning thing of all is for Sony's first party output, the Vita! At this point in its lifespan the PSP was getting titles like Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, Everybody's Golf Portable 2, Wipeout Pulse, Patapon, God of War: Chains of Olympus and Echochrome. I'm cherry picking here too; I'm excluding second rate, multi-platform and re-released games. What can I say about the Vita other then the fact that it is essentially dead?

Sony's output this gen so far has been the weakest out of all of their consoles. It's really sad, almost 2 years later the console has only few worthwhile exclusives and this year looks to be another disappointment, unless they announce some blockbuster title for the second half of the year, which I'm sure they won't. If they do it'll be Q1 2016 at the earliest like BB. For 2015 it'll be a mix of digital and smaller games like Tearaway and Tomorrow Children, nothing of the AAA calibre.

In 2 years PS3 had Uncharted, Ratchet, Warhawk, Folklore, MGS4, LBP, 2 Motorstorm games, 2 Resistance games and about to get Killzone 2.

Not surprised at Yoshida's sudden (fake?) indie love. He wants to warm people up to these timed exclusive indie games because Sony killed mid tier gaming and they aren't making AAA games fast enough, in the meantime they'll have enough money to throw at marketing campaigns for 3rd party multiplats while the core fans wait for those 1 or 2 times a year when there's a Sony WWS title coming out. He doesn't even like Souls gameplay, he hated how Demon's Souls played and no it wasn't because it had bugs, he said dying so much is stupid.

Another reason I'm disappointed with them is the virtually dead Japan Studios and barely any big Japanese exclusives.

I used to get excited for their press conferences, but looking back in the last few years, they announced nothing major(even if you count their gamescom and tgs stages), all predictable stuff or things that get leaked too early. I mean by now we can expect another 3rd person shooter that plays like UC or TLOU from Naughty Dog, a hack n slash God of War from SSM, a 3rd person action game from Sucker Punch. Predictable and nothing exciting.

The excitement level goes down to what I've come to expect from Nintendo and MS, the usual Marios, Forza and Halos. The only thing that still excites me from Sony at this point is MediaMolecule. They'll never be awesome and drop bombs at E3 announcing a new Chrono RPG for PS4, a 3D platformer that is not Ratchet or Sly, a new Ape Escape, Sega/Platinum colabs etc.

There hasn't been too many AAA exclusives for Sony, but I am sure that they will get back on track. Hhopefully games like Horizon can help, along with what project Sony Bend and PolyPhony; Media Molecule no less.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

I think we have overestimated Sony's first party offering because they made such a big effort with the PS3 and Naughty dog.

Truth is... the studios have been mismanaged. I'm not sure whose fault it is, but both SCEE and SCEA studios have seen their share of closures and internal strife that has led to this. Closing studio liverpool was a mistake, not letting the studios work on the titles they wanted was a mistake (Sony bend and secong Vita uncharted for example), whatever went down at Santa monica messed up the output of the studio and SCEE are basically left with Evolution studios - Driveclub - and media molecule, wich is already releasing more games than such a studio could - rehashing Tearaway.

The first party exclusive of this year was actually second party. Studio japan is beeing left picking up the cracks from the disdain SCEE and SCEA had with the Vita and are the ones pushing the SFV collaboration while Gravity rush 2 and the last guardian keep cooking slowly. Quite honestly... i have no idea what is going on at Sony. What i do know is that SCEJ and Naughty Dog are doing all the work.