By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm sorry but Sonys first party has to finally get their act together

This is why to gamers, sales don't matter. Back when the PS3 sold the worst, it had a better more diverse library than the other two. Now, there's really nothing on the console unless you want to play Bloodborne, last gen ports, or crappy indie titles.

So far. Nintendo is winning this gen when it comes to quanity of software actually worth purchasing.

Around the Network

I'm glad I did not buy my PS4 for Sony's first party, then. The only real Sony exclusive I was interested in was Bloodborne and it suffices. I was never big on Sony's first party. They never had much appeal for me personally. I am interested in a few third-party exclusives, though. Those are the ones that really carry the weight for me.

Objectively, however, I can see how one would be hard pressed to say the PS4 has a healthy line-up if all they're looking at are first-party exclusives. Sales of the console, however, are saying that people are buying the system for the third-party multiplatform line-up just as much, if not more so, than the first party line-up.

agreed.

Sony has the luxury to be able to actually finish their games before releasing them. they are market leaders and that wont change. however, so far the PS4 hasnt had a holiday without a key exclusive being delayed. Driveclub in 2013, The Order in 2014 and Uncharted in 2015.

The list of exclusives that have been delayed so far is a very long one for Sony's exclusives is a very long one. and while i like the fact that they arent releasing games until they arent finished, (with the exception of driveclub). i really wish they would actually manage to release on time.

though one thing is for sure, we wont see a AC unity situation from Sony going forward. the only reason Driveclub was a mess was because it was already delayed a full year and they were pressured to release it for the holidays after The Order got delayed.

Sony needs a subdivision that make games with smaller studios with as goal not creating an 1080p 60fps High standard game but just fun games.....Wipeout/Ape Escape/....as an example.

The reason why I want PS one games on PS4 so much is basically because I remember that the games were so much fun and if people discussed them it was about how fun it was to play now they talk about how the graphics of Drake's face will be 2-6 times better than TLOU characters and that is the reason to pre order it :s.

BraLoD said:
Well, this thread seems a bit sad, we will have our Sony games guys, don't worry.

i know we will have them. after a delay or two

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
Sony needs a subdivision that make games with smaller studios with as goal not creating an 1080p 60fps High standard game but just fun games.....Wipeout/Ape Escape/....as an example.

The reason why I want PS one games on PS4 so much is basically because I remember that the games were so much fun and if people discussed them it was about how fun it was to play now they talk about how the graphics of Drake's face will be 2-6 times better than TLOU characters and that is the reason to pre order it :s.

Thats your opinion though. I like wipeout a bit but ape escape doesnt interest me at all.

Every PS home console has performed very strongly, it is evident they are covering the largest ground. They will never please everyone though, but being market leader is about pleasing as many as you can.

And you make the mistake of assuming a good looking game cant genreate hype with other elements such as story, characters and gameplay (which are all reason equal weight as graphics, as to why im buying uncharted).

The way I see it is that Sony are filling the most gaps where multiplatform games are not. Yes, these are likely to be the smaller audiences, but most people dont differentiate between first and thrid party, they look at all games available on one system when they buy a console, and thats how Sony get their money back investing in these smaller audiences.

The only thing that needs to stop is major bugs and errors with these games on launch and PSN not being able to handle big game launches (especially now PS+ is required on PS4), so I disagree with OP. Delay the games if required, but dont screw up again like the DriveClub launch, because even when its fixed they will have lost their window of opportunity to sell millions of copies. (I'm still waiting for that promised PS+ version lol)

So another finally sees what we have all seen before?
Not to hate on Sony but they have the least amount of exclusives currently on the market and still somehow lead the sales. It really boggles my mind.

As for the droughts? I can forgive it since the other consoles have/had droughts too.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Since people have been complaining about me counting No Man's Sky in my list I found this pretty interesting:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/14/sony-no-mans-sky-treated-like-a-first-party-release/

But to also correct myself, looking at that other thread "Sony thinks there's nothing to worry about for the PS4 holiday line up" or whatever it seems that No Man's Sky is actually going to be a lock for 2015, now it only has to turn out good (fingers crossed).

Still a shake up over at Sony really seems necessary (or maybe their studios could just get a some more funding for their projects).

Haha it's called Bloodborne.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I find PS4 first-party lineup very weak. Sure, Bloodborne is a wonderful game, I have no doubts about it and I'd love to play it, but, that's it? I'm a PC+WiiU player for only one reason, Nintendo's first-party lineup is the strongest of them all. If I can play third-party games (and, with better performance) on PC, why on Earth would I buy a PS4? Obviously, if you're not a PC gamer, the first+third party lineup is great, and PS4 is selling like hotcakes so this is not a problem for them. But, at the moment, I see PS4/One as mid-range PCs with very few exclusives... This could be a long-term problem, but we'll see.

PS. I don't really have to say this, but this is only my opinion, I'm not trying to state facts and I'm not trying to offend anyone. Peace! :)