By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm sorry but Sonys first party has to finally get their act together

taus90 said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
taus90 said:

I could refute to each and every point of reply but lets just agree to disagree.. for me and rest of the people, as evident from ur other thread. Sony is doing top notch job in terms of managing and supporting their hardware and for you they are not.

dont lump me in with "the rest of the people" because he is absolutely right. sony is doing a terrible job supporting their hardware. they need to let go of the ps3 and all efforts should have been placed on ps4 honestly since the damn thing launched. and when you are talking about a "healthy lineup" youre obviously stretching when youre including GOW 3 in there. if i bought a PS4 id be really pissed that sony hardly supports it, and then on top of that dumps ps3 games on there as if they are new games or something.

trust me i m not, ur in the minority along with him. And if i had bought an xbox i would have been pissed at MS, that i have had to wait an entire year for a a exclusive to come out and pray that it will not be broken. and get excited about yearly entry that is Forza

Yeah I agree with this, with PS4 or Wii U gamers only had to wait a couple of months to weeks for a new exclusive, obviously now Bloodborne is out it's not clear when the next exclusive will be on PS4, but we know Tearaway, Fat Princess, Until Dawn and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture were slated for the Summer, Wii U has Kirby and Splatoon this month, Yoshi in June, with both having a bunch of other titles that are still to get release dates.

Xbox One's next exclusive that we know about is Halo 5 in October.

It's not like Sony have gone ages between games coming, personally I'm one of the people that actually likes Knack, Killzone, Infamous SS and FL, have been pretty much skint lately, so I haven't had the money to buy games for a while, but still Sony's exclusive release calendar hasn't had the gap that Microsoft's has.

Nintendo has largely been pretty good, it's only because they lack 3rd party that Wii U's library doesn't seem so big.

Could Sony be better with their exclusives? Yes of course, there's always room for improvement, but to single Sony out, like they're the only ones is absolutely being biased towards Microsoft. MS has tiny output this generation, even compared to the 360, which was much better than XB1.

The difference between PS4's library so far, compared to XB1 is pretty much night and day in favor of PS4 IMO, but it's subjective I suppose, as far as the numbers go, that's not.

Sony hasn't lost any 3rd party exclusives like Microsoft has either, plus they have put out more 1st party than Microsoft.
As I said Wii U has been good on the exclusives front.

Things actually seem to be improving on the Sony front as well, with some very good sources of information, like James Mielke, previous Q-Games Producer stating Sony will have a great showing at E3, Shinobi602 has said the same, Verrendus on Neogaf is also very good with info.

Saying that Sony has issues, when Microsoft has more is being pretty biased towards Microsoft IMO.

Compared to last gen we haven't yet really had much in the way of major, must have games, but they should be on their way soon.

Around the Network
taus90 said:
taus90 said:

I could refute to each and every point of reply but lets just agree to disagree.. for me and rest of the people, as evident from ur other thread. Sony is doing top notch job in terms of managing and supporting their hardware and for you they are not.

dont lump me in with "the rest of the people" because he is absolutely right. sony is doing a terrible job supporting their hardware. they need to let go of the ps3 and all efforts should have been placed on ps4 honestly since the damn thing launched. and when you are talking about a "healthy lineup" youre obviously stretching when youre including GOW 3 in there. if i bought a PS4 id be really pissed that sony hardly supports it, and then on top of that dumps ps3 games on there as if they are new games or something.

trust me i m not, ur in the minority along with him. And if i had bought an xbox i would have been pissed at MS, that i have had to wait an entire year for a a exclusive to come out and pray that it will not be broken. and get excited about yearly entry that is Forza

id tend to agree with you on that. in fact, if i were an xbox fan, id be absolutely freaking livid about how this MCC deal went down. I work with a guy who loves the halo series, and he is getting to that point where he is done with xbox because of that, and i say good for him because nobody should stand for broken games ESPECIALLY when it comes to important key franchises.

but like nebel said, if MS steals $1000, why should we let Sony off the hook for $500. you know, this conversation isnt about anybody but sony. and youre saying that quality doesnt matter, but it absolutely does. just because sony brings out a new IP, it doesnt give them a tally mark in the "win" column. when we talk about these console manufacturers bringing out new IPs for their systems, it's only on the condition that they are actually good. This conversation is about quality relevant software (that works on day 1 i might add), and on that front, sony is failing. 

I never said its not about the quality, it is definitely. And about games being broken I would even defend MS in this regard, making a AAA game with a strong online component is getting harder and expensive each gen. Each and every publisher are facing these issues. As for what is quality in terms of games it varies from person to person. I was more interested on what PS4 had to offer rather than what Xbox, so i went ahead and bought Ps4.

And about OP, I dont see just because of two games whole WWS is responsible and taints their impeccable track record of churning out games

taus90 said:

So u are saying its about quality right? but you are clearly upset about the fact that sony should have brought GoWA, nexus and GT6 which were again not upto the mark quality wise on to PS4?? so they could have sold better.. oh sorry its not about quantity.

Also The Last of US is not a PS4 game considering it sold 3 million, LBP3 which also Cross gen, is ?.. And First Light (Standalone) shouldnt be considered because its a DLC and isnt rated on Metacritic?? 

Dont know which goal post to defend?

P.S. About Driveclub and LBP3 had issues, now a days which online game doesnt.. and considering the fact they have been ironed out.. they are better in each and every way, especially DC... But hey this is called an opinion. Deal with it.

I already addressed your first paragraph in the other thread.

No, TLOU should not be counted towards Sonys efforts on PS4 because it is nothing but a slightly enhanced port of a game from the year before, Sony shouldn't get a pat on the back by us for their "great effort" of reselling people a 2013 game again in 2014, there was demand for the port and it did well but it's certainly not a sign of Sonys great PS4 support. LBP3 was created with the PS4 in mind, there's a difference between a crossgen game and an up port of a PS3 game. First Light is actually listed on Metacritic (it has an awesome score of 73), it shouldn't be counted because it's a part of Infamous SS and counting it seperately (even if it can be bought standalone) is just reaching, might as well count the standalone release of the Left Behind DLC as its own game.

Finally let me just say this: You're being a massive hypocrite, how can you post in this thread and in one post run your mouth about MS that with them you'd have to pray for a new release not to be broken, but then in the next post completely dismiss LBP3s and Driveclubs issues as something every online game nowadays has, these issues should not be excused as if they aren't avoidable, stop accepting everything Sony just because they are your favourite gaming company.

DerNebel said:

No, TLOU should not be counted towards Sonys efforts on PS4 because it is nothing but a slightly enhanced port of a game from the year before, Sony shouldn't get a pat on the back by us for their "great effort" of reselling people a 2013 game again in 2014, there was demand for the port and it did well but it's certainly not a sign of Sonys great PS4 support. LBP3 was created with the PS4 in mind, there's a difference between a crossgen game and an up port of a PS3 game. First Light is actually listed on Metacritic (it has an awesome score of 73), it shouldn't be counted because it's a part of Infamous SS and counting it seperately (even if it can be bought standalone) is just reaching, might as well count the standalone release of the Left Behind DLC as its own game.

Finally let me just say this: You're being a massive hypocrite, how can you post in this thread and in one post run your mouth about MS that with them you'd have to pray for a new release not to be broken, but then in the next post completely dismiss LBP3s and Driveclubs issues as something every online game nowadays has, these issues should not be excused as if they aren't avoidable, stop accepting everything Sony just because they are your favourite gaming company.

"I already addressed your first paragraph in the other thread."

- no you did not, u are just beating around the bush.. with out making much sense.

I dont even know if i should reply to ur the last of us not being a proper PS4 game? and not considering as a DLC as a geniune effort... OH boy if you consider it reaching... then u are very short sighted or u are just defending your honor for no reason.

and about being hypocrite.. It was with that other guy and i wanted to show how a situation can be percieved from the other side. But good job twisting it into your argument.. anyways being Good job in creating two different thread on the same topic with contrasting POV.. not hypocritical at all. And bashing Sony for supporting its 7 year old console. How dare they.

taus90 said:
DerNebel said:

"I already addressed your first paragraph in the other thread."

- no you did not, u are just beating around the bush.. with out making much sense.

I dont even know if i should reply to ur the last of us not being a proper PS4 game? and not considering as a DLC as a geniune effort... OH boy if you consider it reaching... then u are very short sighted or u are just defending your honor for no reason.

and about being hypocrite.. It was with that other guy and i wanted to show how a situation can be percieved from the other side. But good job twisting it into your argument.. anyways being Good job in creating two different thread on the same topic with contrasting POV.. not hypocritical at all. And bashing Sony for supporting its 7 year old console. How dare they.

I actually did:

"And I'm saying those games should've been launch titles because, they are actually not bad games (they are just no masterpieces, they'd still have been good launch titles for the PS4) and because they'd have done better as launch games, also it means that those studios would have gotten extensive experience with the new hardware at an earlier point."

Also that's a nice way of saying that you can't justify your own positions. I can't even believe that some people are trying to pat Sony on the back for minimal effort rereleases of that kind "Sony did a great job on PS4 until now, they rereleased TLOU for example", ok right, that doesn't sound ridiculous at all.

Finally that bolded part is total BS, you simply wanted to crap on MS to deflect the whole situation again, that it was a reply to another person is completely irrelevant, the only one twisting and turning your argument (and in fact turning my argument as well, because you're interpreting a tons of things into my posts that aren't even there) is you, saying that you'd be pissed with an X1 because "with MS I have to wait a year and then pray that the game isn't broken" and then turning around and saying that Driveclubs (which was also delayed by almost a year) issues are normal and the game is now great is hypocracy at its best.

But yeah, good job putting stuff into my posts that was never there again. I'm done with this discussion, sorry that I don't constantly praise overlord Sony, it's apparently offending to some people, god forbid they receive some constructive criticism from their fanbase sometimes, it might actually turn into them changing for the better.

I'm done with this shit, can a mod lock this now?

Around the Network

I agree with this there isn't really anything worth exciting for any PS4 exclusives other than Uncharted.

Proud to be a Californian.

locking on request.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|