By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 Jailbreak service rumors incoming from Brazil - (confirmed?)

iTzCharlie said:

I hope, i would buy a ps4 if it's true

Aarrggghhh we found ourselves a dirty pirate here lads! Aarggh

Around the Network

And Sonys hope to make business from playstation just died.

torok said:
Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:
It happends to all systems, eventually.

yeah but that's bad remember?, dirty filthy pirates.

I honestly remember this being a driving point against the PC and the likes of 360 and slightly PS3 but when it happens to PS4 "things happen".

I don't think that this causes any damage. PS2 was the most absurdly pirated console ever and it was ridiculously easy to mod it and play pirate games. Even with this, it sold more software than any other console.

It doesn't matter if it's PC or consoles, I don't think piracy has a significant effect. Why? I know some guys that barely had money to get a cheap modded X360 and after they got one, they have dozens of games for it. A 360 here in Brazil costs R$ 800 and each game ranges from R$ 70 to R$ 200 (US$ 1 = R$ 3).

Without piracy, these people wouldn't buy the console or the game. They can't, it's simple like that. Most pirates, if piracy was magically removed from all platforms, would simply stop to buy games or just buy a few. The impact in the industry is way less that the publishers like to claim. I'm not defending piracy, I'm just showing that the people who do it wouldn't simply buy all games if pirating wasn't an option.

Back when Borderlands 1 came out I downloaded it on PC loved the fucking game (one of my favorite PC franchises now) showed it to 6 or so other people and I played thu the whole game twice within 1 weeked
(invited those friends to come over and installed the game on my old 2 computers connected to my old monitors/TVs) and after the game got DLC we all ended up buying the GOTY edition of Borderlands 1 and we all own Borderlands 2 now including the season pass.

Funny thing is that most of us dont care about PreSequel because it came to fast after BL2 is not made by the same dev etc. Seems like a cheap cashgrab to most of us.

Same happened to games like DungeonDefenders etc. I usually download them  share my opinion with a handful of friends and we all end up buying the game.

It appears op fails to understand the difference between an actual jailbreak and cloning a devices ID so that legally purchased and installed games still work when the HDD is ghosted to a second HDD.

There is a huge, huge difference, and the consoles that are using the cloned data can easily be singled out and banned en masse.

This is, at its heart, a cheap license workaround, one that can and will be squashed with updates.

I remember when the ps3 was eventually cracked and hackers made the bold claim of saying it was unpatchable so all future few updates wouldn't prevent it, what happened? They got blocked on the very next major firmware revision.

I fully expect mass psn bannings for consoles that took part in this cloning service and a bunch of pirates pretending they were innocent and got banned out of the blue (when they aren't).

Also cloning the ps4 filesystem requires that both drives be the same in capacity, so you're limited to how many the original device used on its HDD, you can't for example, clone a 500gb pirates system to your 1tb ps4 because it would retain the partition table and think it was 500gb, likewise, if the pirates used a bigger HDD, the buyers would have to be using the same HDD size to do it.

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

It has its good and bad sides for gaming

yeah but it;s not a one way street in thinking it's good for PS4 but bad for everything else.

If you've actually been following this site, the common consensus here is:

Any console with chances at being pirated are seen as getting a lot more hardware sales.
Vita, PS3, WiiU: most of the people here who knew what they were talking about knew that a jailbreak would increase sales.

Piracy isn't even the biggest problem. Most of the veterans here know that. It's used game sales. Which is why MS thought they were doing everyone a favor with the original x1.

PC piracy both decreases and increases sales. The vets here know that piracy is somewhat like a demo version. Because there is no platform to buy, piracy doesn't help PC like it does to help the consoles. People will buy a console if they believe they have piracy access to the whole library. People already have a PC, so there is no hardware increase. However, people who game on PC will likely purchase a pirated game once it comes down on steam. Additionally, pirated PC copies often circumvent modding restrictions set in place by the developer.

The consoles that made the most waves were often the pirated ones.
PS1, PS2, Wii, xb360, DS, PSP
Dreamcast was also easily pirated, but they simply didn't have enough game library.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
iTzCharlie said:

I hope, i would buy a ps4 if it's true

Aarrggghhh we found ourselves a dirty pirate here lads! Aarggh

Burn him.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Looks like when you do this you can't go online. Than sony will know its a copy.

160rmf said:
Anfebious said:
Nice! Hope it ends up being easier to jailbreak than the PS3.

i thought it's impossible to jailbreak the ps3.

Not only that it happened a long time ago, it's also terribly easy unlike Anfebious mentioned.
It uses a custom firmware and only needs to be installed like an update via FTP or flash drive.

torok said:
160rmf said:

No, it's reasonably common. The only catch is the Blu-ray. Jailbroken X360 will play games burned on DVD-Rs, but jailbroken PS3s can only play games from external HDDs. The 360 jailbreak is more mature. More recent ones allow online play, firmware updates, etc.

To be more precise, it's also possible to play from the internal HDD.

Barozi said:
torok said:
160rmf said:

No, it's reasonably common. The only catch is the Blu-ray. Jailbroken X360 will play games burned on DVD-Rs, but jailbroken PS3s can only play games from external HDDs. The 360 jailbreak is more mature. More recent ones allow online play, firmware updates, etc.

To be more precise, it's also possible to play from the internal HDD.

Also for online gaming and trophies cheating.