By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 Jailbreak service rumors incoming from Brazil - (confirmed?)

Chazore said:

I'm not calling you an idiot, that's you trying to put words into my mouth, no I just find it problematic that you find nothing wrong with it but whenever someone like myself points that out you'll instantly point to PC as if that ends the arguement, protip it does not.

You've even got someone else within your camp arguing that it;s somehow a good thing that jailbreaking your console and pirating games without paying is somehow a good thing and against PC as well, it;s like I walked into coocoo land on this thread, but then again any bad news will get turned around to good news when it's PS4 lol.

Putting words in your mouth? How about you get some perspective on what it is you're actually doing right now. First of all what was "hur dur" supposed to mean then, is it some kind of british way of saying "I respect your opinion"? I believe not.

Second, where did I say that I find nothing wrong with it? That is you completely putting words into my mouth. All I asked you was what kind of reaction you expected out of people here, should people bitch at Sony? What in the world do you want people to say?

And lastly you're actually going and using the "someone else within your camp" line, as if, just because we both prefer the PS4, I would have to agree with his point (a point that you apparently didn't quite get btw.)?

You really have some gall to say that I'm the one putting words in your mouth.

Around the Network
160rmf said:
Anfebious said:
Nice! Hope it ends up being easier to jailbreak than the PS3.

i thought it's impossible to jailbreak the ps3.

No, it's reasonably common. The only catch is the Blu-ray. Jailbroken X360 will play games burned on DVD-Rs, but jailbroken PS3s can only play games from external HDDs. The 360 jailbreak is more mature. More recent ones allow online play, firmware updates, etc.

Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:
It happends to all systems, eventually.

yeah but that's bad remember?, dirty filthy pirates.

I honestly remember this being a driving point against the PC and the likes of 360 and slightly PS3 but when it happens to PS4 "things happen".

I don't think that this causes any damage. PS2 was the most absurdly pirated console ever and it was ridiculously easy to mod it and play pirate games. Even with this, it sold more software than any other console.

It doesn't matter if it's PC or consoles, I don't think piracy has a significant effect. Why? I know some guys that barely had money to get a cheap modded X360 and after they got one, they have dozens of games for it. A 360 here in Brazil costs R$ 800 and each game ranges from R$ 70 to R$ 200 (US$ 1 = R$ 3).

Without piracy, these people wouldn't buy the console or the game. They can't, it's simple like that. Most pirates, if piracy was magically removed from all platforms, would simply stop to buy games or just buy a few. The impact in the industry is way less that the publishers like to claim. I'm not defending piracy, I'm just showing that the people who do it wouldn't simply buy all games if pirating wasn't an option.

This isn't nearly as concerning as some of you believe so I'll (hopefully) do a decent job explaining why it doesn't matter -

There are less than a million ps4s on shelf worldwide by some estimates around here.
Sony will undoubtedly get this patched blazing fast. Ps4s will begin shipping with a new stock firmware blazing fast. The only people that will even have a chance to pirate are -the small pool of unsold consumers who buy any on shelves that aren't already upgraded, the people who buy the next few hundred thousand that are being manufactured as we speak, and the remaining users who will not be connecting to the internet from roughly the next few weeks onward. All things considered people who don't have internet access or weren't online anyway don't have much expendable income to be purchasing games anyway so there isn't much loss to accrue there. The amount of first world countries that will have users willing to ditch online is smaller than ever either.

Quite frankly this won't put a dent in software sales and might actually have a slight hardware boost rest of world for the super price conscious that otherwise wouldn't buy the console on the principal that they couldn't afford games.

Turkish said:
All I care about is emulators, and bringing P.T back lol

Too early for a ps4 emulator, that would hurt the industry.

I feel like if your developeing a emulator, you should atleast wait until the gen is done.

It should be for preserveing the gameing experiances, not to excuse people from buying a actual consol.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Turkish said:
All I care about is emulators, and bringing P.T back lol

Too early for a ps4 emulator, that would hurt the industry.

I feel like if your developeing a emulator, you should atleast wait until the gen is done.

If you're developing an emulator, you should start right now if you want it to at least run Sportsfriends by 2030. 

Chazore said:
DerNebel said:

It's not only not as bad, it's not even comparable, you can try and paint me as an idiot here all you want but that's a simple fact. Just because an issue exists on every platform doesn't mean it's at the same level on every platform as well.

I'm not calling you an idiot, that's you trying to put words into my mouth, no I just find it problematic that you find nothing wrong with it but whenever someone like myself points that out you'll instantly point to PC as if that ends the arguement, protip it does not.

You've even got someone else within your camp arguing that it's somehow a good thing that jailbreaking your console and pirating games without paying is somehow a good thing and against PC as well, it's like I walked into coocoo land on this thread, but then again any bad news will get turned around to good news when it's PS4 lol.

When was i ever against other people pirating?

Ruler said:

I've seen you point out piracy on PC as being a bad thing.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

I've seen you point out piracy on PC as being a bad thing.

I never said that

Ruler said:

I never said that

Really?, because i swear I've seen you point that out ebfore, if not then it saves it being pointed out in the future from here on out.

Honestly though piracy is a bad thing.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"