By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Any theist around here?

I'm just wondering after Mr.Playstation's thread, since there are so many atheist around here that I felt like i'm in the minority. 

Around the Network

I'm a Christian, though it's nice to hear why other people are Atheists ( I know it's not a choice I don't know though how to place that  as not being a choice in words.) Definitely makes me think.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:

I'm a Christian, though it's nice to hear why other people are Atheists ( I know it's not a choice I don't know though how to place that  as not being a choice in words.) Definitely makes me think.

What do you mean by not a choice?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Beliefs aren't something that you consciously choose. Is something that resonates with you. If you have to choose your belief, then you probably don't really believe in it.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Shinobi-san said:
Mr.Playstation said:

What do you mean by not a choice?

Loot at my thread, you'll understand.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Beliefs aren't something that you consciously choose. Is something that resonates with you. If you have to choose your belief, then you probably don't really believe in it.

I asked if there was any theist around...

I'm Christian (catholic)

There's me, and there's many more from what I've seen.

muslim here.

I'm a Catholic here, and even if I question some of the stuff in the bible and in the church, I still consider myself one. And I agree with what Mr.Playstation said. It is interesting hearing their points of view challenge the ones from theists, which makes me even more secure and firm in my beliefs. While I don't believe the Earth was made 6,000 years ago, I do believe there's a bigger entity out there and I too like science. I'm a "live and let live" person. I don't badger any person with questions or try to "convert" them back into religion. But I don't take kindly those who blatantly take potshots towards religion and theists and then say "If you believe in this, more power for you".

If I ever lose my faith, which is unlikely, I wouldn't want to consider myself an atheist. Maybe an agnostic.