By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony "Nailed It" With PS4 and Deserves "Victory" Over Xbox One, Ex-EA CEO Says

PS4 was spot on right from the launch.

Around the Network

Here are a few things I think about this:

a) I wonder what would have happened if Phil Spencer was the head of Xbox during the Xbox One development instead of Don Mattrick? I bet the Xbox One would have came out better.

b) The console wars are pretty much dead because there are no differences between the systems anymore. The PS4 and Xbox One are interchangable. The exclusives are so rare they're not even worth it anymore.

c) Even though Sony owned Microsoft during the E3 conference no one pointed out Sony also dissed their customers by making them pay for online matchmaking. Microsoft reversed their policies but Sony did not. Not only that, but Sony announced it in a sneaky and dirty way.

pbroy said:
The proof is in the pudding. It is the number one console. The Xbone is the number one TV Box though. So apples and oranges. You can't really compare the two.

Fuck that analogy. Microsoft's orange is smaller than Sony's apple.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Michelasso said:
pbroy said:

Those are cable boxes. Xbone is in its own category. It's an evolution above anything we have today. It competes against nothing but itself. It is the One.

You seem to forget that the XB1 dropped the kinect a long time ago. Without it the Xb1 is just a not so powerful video game console. Unless you want to use the controller to switch tv channel. All its original vision has been dismantled piece by piece.

Oh, and BTW... There will be only One. And its name is PS4. :p

When the PS4 grows an HDMI input and becomes a TV Box, come talk to me. You really should blame the people that called it a TV Box when the Xbone was announced for this new category. Why are we trying to call Xbone a gaming console now? Because it needs to lose to PS4, ultimate gaming centric console in the world?  

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Man this whole sony deserves to be on top is sad.Their honestly aren't doing anything different in comparison to Microsoft.

Around the Network

Only a fanboy would disagree with this.

dangerguy said:
They didn't "nail" anything. They took advantage of Microsoft's epic blunder. I think we know what really happened:

"Sony changed its E3 2013 presentation after Microsoft’s blunder"
http://ps4daily.com/2014/07/sony-e3-2013-presentation/

Not to mention the fact the PS4 was originally going to ship with its camera for a higher price and you're extremely ignorant and naive if you think that Sony didn't also have a very "all digital" future complete with DRM.

Article is pure speculation, completely disproven by the fact that the changes Sony would theoretically make after XB1's presentation would take to long. It took XB1 about 6 months to change all of the DRM b4 release, and then another 6 months to remove the Kinect. You mean to tell me that Sony did in the 3 months between X1 reveal and E3 based off of a couple of boos what it took MS to do in one year? They must have payed for it with all that Money they don't have.

It takes extremely ignoranance  and naiveity to beleive that consipiracy theory because it is practically impossible.

And I love the Sony only did well because X1/Wii U did bad excuse. It's not only childish but completely unrealistic. The PS4 could have just as easily done poorly if Sony made silly mistakes like they did last gen.

What is really sad is that people do not know how to appreciate good work because they are too busy caught up in their biases.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Mad55 said:
Man this whole sony deserves to be on top is sad.Their honestly aren't doing anything different in comparison to Microsoft.

Sales say Sony is doing twice as good as Microsoft on their console.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Mad55 said:

You missed the point of my post. I never alluded to them not being on top in terms of sales. Just because your selling twce as good as the competitor does not always mean your doing as much work in comparison to deserve it. 

Mad55 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

You missed the point of my post. I never alluded to them not being on top in terms of sales. Just because your selling twce as good as the competitor does not always mean your doing as much work in comparison to deserve it. 

why is the only metric for deserving something "work",

That's not how it works(no pun intended) in the real world. Its not the hard worker's who are successful, its the smart ones. MS are the only ones responsible for their position, so its obvious they are going to work harder when they are trying to catch up. Doesn't mean its good or useful work.

Obviously Sony is doing something better than MS thats why they are beating them, same with MS in US last gen, Wii last Gen etc...

Especially when we have mobile and PC, anyone who thinks that the PS4 is winning by default is delusional.