By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony "Nailed It" With PS4 and Deserves "Victory" Over Xbox One, Ex-EA CEO Says

pbroy said:
method114 said:

Is it the number 1 tv box? I thought that would go to apple TV or Roku. 

That's a streaming box, silly... TV boxes don't need internet to work.

So then wouldn't one of the cable companies have the number 1 tv box? I doubt most people use a xbox 1 more then the standard tv boxes given out. If that's not the same then who exactly is x1 competing against?

Around the Network
method114 said:
pbroy said:

That's a streaming box, silly... TV boxes don't need internet to work.

So then wouldn't one of the cable companies have the number 1 tv box? I doubt most people use a xbox 1 more then the standard tv boxes given out. If that's not the same then who exactly is x1 competing against?

Those are cable boxes. Xbone is in its own category. It's an evolution above anything we have today. It competes against nothing but itself. It is the One.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Chazore said:
Playstation_awaiter said:
Good to have playstation as the marketleader.

Why is that a good thing to have someone forming a monopoly?.

Sony isn't a monopoly.  Sony doing better than their competition isn't necessarily a monopoly.  There are still millions of XB1's and Wii U's out there.  You could argue that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have an oligopoly, but that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny either, given PC and other pieces of hardware capable of playing games.  A better definition of oligopoly would be the current broadband situation in the US.

Article is bang on imo. Best console, controller and games to boot. The reason why people know the gen is locked up is because everyone knows that Sony is a bigger gaming brand world wide. They don't just focus on US and UK and hope for the best.

Would he say that the victory is unprecedented, he likes to use that word

Around the Network

This right here, remember watching it live, it was the fastest console wars victory that happened before the system came out the door.

Jack Tretton did just drop the mic completely on that stage.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

pbroy said:
method114 said:

Those are cable boxes. Xbone is in its own category. It's an evolution above anything we have today. It competes against nothing but itself. It is the One.

You seem to forget that the XB1 dropped the kinect a long time ago. Without it the Xb1 is just a not so powerful video game console. Unless you want to use the controller to switch tv channel. All its original vision has been dismantled piece by piece.

Oh, and BTW... There will be only One. And its name is PS4. :p

mornelithe said:
Chazore said:

Why is that a good thing to have someone forming a monopoly?.

Sony isn't a monopoly.  Sony doing better than their competition isn't necessarily a monopoly.  There are still millions of XB1's and Wii U's out there.  You could argue that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have an oligopoly, but that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny either, given PC and other pieces of hardware capable of playing games.  A better definition of oligopoly would be the current broadband situation in the US.

This, a million times. People fail to realize that Sony and the PlayStation, even though they are doing extremely well in the US, doesn't mean they have a monopoly in the market. By definition, the Xbox One and the Wii U shouldn't be in that market if Sony has a monopoly.

Anyways, they do deserve that "victory", even if it's still not over. They didn't make any mistakes this time, and they capitalized on the competition. That's about it.

JayWood, you gotta put the F***ing in the title, it really drive the point home

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Mr_No said:
mornelithe said:

This, a million times. People fail to realize that Sony and the PlayStation, even though they are doing extremely well in the US, doesn't mean they have a monopoly in the market. By definition, the Xbox One and the Wii U shouldn't be in that market if Sony has a monopoly.

Anyways, they do deserve that "victory", even if it's still not over. They didn't make any mistakes this time, and they capitalized on the competition. That's about it.

Indeed, and even then, they'd have to be hideously aggressive about making it impossible for Nintendo/Microsoft to get into the industry, and since Sony's in the financial situation they are, and Microsoft has vastly higher operating income, that's a virtual impossibility.