By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita is outselling Wii U - though Wii U is getting more love from it's developer

Samus Aran said:
Ruler said:

Not as low as wiiu

I'm sure that 10k difference will matter once the holidays come. ;)

Vita is just another victim of Nintendomination in handhelds. Anyone remember the Atari Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Gizmondo?

At least the Wii U will get a successor, Sony is done with the HH market thanks to the Vita.

And youre happy about that, so a monopoly is good as long as its by nintendo?

Sony is done with the handheld market because they are smart and know that handhelds are dying, the writing is on the wall. Out surviving someone other from the pest isnt healing you.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Samus Aran said:

Vita is just another victim of Nintendomination in handhelds. Anyone remember the Atari Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Gizmondo?

At least the Wii U will get a successor, Sony is done with the HH market thanks to the Vita.

Sony is done with the handheld market because they are smart and know that handhelds are dying, the writing is on the wall. Out surviving someone other from the pest isnt healing you.

Consoles are dying too then. ;)

Sony is done with the HH market because the Vita was an epic fail. Do you really think they would give up on the HH market if the Vita sold 50M+ units of HW?

Don't worry about mobile gaming, Nintendo will soon dominate that too.

Most third party developers ignore HH, so it doesn't matter if Nintendo has a monopoly in the HH market. People only buy a HH for Nintendo games and the occasional third party game (Monster Hunter, Yo-kai Watch, Dragon Quest, etc.).

Ruler said:
Samus Aran said:

I want to say 2 things.

1. I dont think it is a smart decision for them to leave the HH Market, Just because it isnt doing well especially in the US doesn't mean it should just drop out especially when In fact more japanese developers are developing games on vita then 3ds. Sony just needs to wake up and actually try,like they did with the ps3 for example.They gave up way to quick. Vita is surviving and thats withoyt Sony's Help.

2. I believe a next HH will come out for Sony, but much later like 2019/2020. No way they want Nintendo to literally own all of that marketshare in japan. People keep saying HH market is dying which is true to an extent. 3DS competing with a HH that gets technically more games (even if smaller titles) and yet its 18.5mil+ in a country where its i think the 6th highest selling HW of all time with a chance at being 3rd/4th! Imagine if Nintendo gets those extra games that vita successor would of gotten?

Imo it be dumb toleave HH gaming

Japanese developers are making the most games for Smartphones, and its actually getting more and more.

Nope. The Handheld market is dying. Even Nintendo is in a heavy decline, not only compared to the DS but GBA as well.

Sony has the bad luck that almost all of its HH clientele broke away. It's very much like Wii to Wii U. Might be one reason for all those pointless comparisons.

But Nintendo basically has the same problems in a smaller scale on the handheld front.

mysteryman said:
sabvre42 said:

Says the guy with no person personal experience with the device ... and therefore doesn't know what hes talking about :)

*** Note: Also the guy that referenced an article that was before the last 2 major Playstation firmware patches (on both PS4 and Vita), and quotes a piece that has long since beeen changed.

Nice try buddy, I've got a Vita, and there's another along with 3 PS4's in my house.

How much time have you spent on the Wii U?

Prove it. You somehow didn't know the limits of your own device.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Ruler said:

Sony is done with the HH market because the Vita was an epic fail. Do you really think they would give up on the HH market if the Vita sold 50M+ units of HW?

Most third party developers ignore HH, so it doesn't matter if Nintendo has a monopoly in the HH market. People only buy a HH for Nintendo games and the occasional third party game (Monster Hunter, Yo-kai Watch, Dragon Quest, etc.).

If Vita is an epic fail, what is SNES, N64, Gamecube and Wii U?

Dr.Vita said:
Samus Aran said:

Wait, SNES was never a failure.

Dr.Vita said:
Samus Aran said:

SNES? Do you think Snes is an epic fail? It won its generation and it´s widely considered as one of the best consoles ever.

Also, I don´t get the comparaison, Vita is hardly going to reach half of what N64 sold. WiiU and Vita are comparable on sales though, not the others.

Dr.Vita said:
Samus Aran said:

SNES sold 50M consoles and was the winner of that generation.

N64 was a failure because Nintendo should have opted for optical-disk medium, but it still sold 34M. It's a shame really because with an optical-disk the N64 would have kicked the Playstation's ass.

The GC was an amazing piece of hardware and had lot's of great games, was cheap and easy to develop for. Sadly it didn't sell well, which I totally blame on the consumers. I'm sure Nintendo made a considerable profit from it.

The Wii U is their biggest failure and unlike you I'm not in denial over that.

The Vita however is an even bigger failure because it doesn't look like it will get a succesor.

Samus Aran said:
Dr.Vita said:

SNES sold 50M consoles and was the winner of that generation.

N64 was a failure because Nintendo should have opted for optical-disk medium, but it still sold 34M. It's a shame really because with an optical-disk the N64 would have kicked the Playstation's ass.

The GC was an amazing piece of hardware and had lot's of great games, was cheap and easy to develop for. Sadly it didn't sell well, which I totally blame on the consumers. I'm sure Nintendo made a considerable profit from it.

The Wii U is their biggest failure and unlike you I'm not in denial over that.

The Vita however is an even bigger failure because it doesn't look like it will get a succesor.

Everything under 50M = Not success

And N64 would have kicked Playstation's ass with optical-disk? xD
Nothing would have changed, it was a failure and Playstation 1 had much better games than N64.