By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita is outselling Wii U - though Wii U is getting more love from it's developer

MikeRox said:
I think it stems from the number of "Wii U will dominate Vita in 3 months" etc threads that there were just before and after the Wii U launched.

It actually started as Wii U fans creating threads to slate Vita sales. But I agree as I said earlier, apples to oranges comparisons that serve no real purpose other than bragging rights for who has the slightly less minute genetalia.

I wasn't here when that happened, but if this is really a reaction to that, then it's really late. Just seems unnecessary imo. Most of the people that did that probably aren't even here anymore.

Agreed on your last point. Both consoles get enough shit as it is. We don't need to be fighting each other.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Dr.Vita said:
There is an easy way how you won't see these discussions - Ignore these threads if you don't want to discuss. 

Technically I would still see them, I just wouldn't participate. 

But no, you're right, I just won't give attention to these threads anymore. I'll spend that time working on a 3DS vs Vita thread instead.

Now I'm expecting one though. :p

Soundwave said:

Wii U vs. Vita

I was actually coming back to this thread to see if this got posted, because it should have.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Wii U has only run through 3 of Nintendo's major franchises. Vita has been out for a little while longer so more games have been made for it. If: Star Fox, Zelda, Mario Maker, Yoshi WW. SMTXFE, and whatever surprises Nintendo has up its sleeve, don't make Wii U reach 15M, we have an issue Nintendo.

sabvre42 said:
mysteryman said:

If you actually read the article, which I'm sure you did, then you'd know that they tested both modes (remote play and via router). With both modes exhibiting unfavourable latency. Meanwhile the gamepad has latency lower than the Wii U connection to many TVs. I believe it is the same for framerate reduction on the Vita, all games are cut to 30fps.

Is the functionality of remote play not the core of the "actual experience"?

I'd much rather solid 60fps where applicable and minimal latency while playing than being able to connect via router. If you're buying a home console and handheld for this experience, I'd rather play the 3DS on the go.

Or just take the Wii U with me :)

Firmware 2.5 changed the 30fps to 60fps. The only drawback, is that they don't let you record gameplay on the ps4 while remote playing at 60 fps.

But again, I'm telling you. The experience when directly connected is flawless in terms of latency. The only complaint i have is the lack of  L2/R2. Its the whole reason many people like myself would double dip and buy a new vita if they gave the second bumper (instead of having to use the touch screen or rear screen to send those inputs).

I do notice latency issues sometimes when playing via router, but i do NOT have issues when directly connected.

It's great for you that you haven't noticed the issues, but they're still there :)

Around the Network
mysteryman said:

It's great for you that you haven't noticed the issues, but they're still there :)

Says the guy with no person personal experience with the device ... and therefore doesn't know what hes talking about :)

*** Note: Also the guy that referenced an article that was before the last 2 major Playstation firmware patches (on both PS4 and Vita), and quotes a piece that has long since beeen changed.

Samus Aran said:
Ruler said:
The vita is a beast. I think it has the better features than the 3DS like trophy support. The device is still too well integrated into the playstation ecosystem to sell low.

It's selling low lol.

Not as low as wiiu

TheSpindler said:
Vita is about 1 million or so ahead of Wii U and it launched before it. It's also a handheld and performing far below it's nearest competitor in the land of handhelds. Wii U is failing hard, but at least it was sorta experimental with it's controller, and with support from pretty much only Nintendo.

Both are facing stiff competition. Wii U from two big rivals who have more games, more hardware power, and more advertising clout, while Vita goes up against a far weaker system but it has better selling games, and against mobile which is hurting 3DS as well.

It's too bad. At one point the Vita was the only gaming platform I planned on buying this gen, until it seemed that Sony pretty much gave up on it, and that I found tablets aren't that bad.

Although, whenever I see Vita and Wii U guys fighting over which is in a worst position its like looking at 2 pigs in the sewer arguing over who's covered in more shit. And then they try to show shit on the other to make themselves look less shitty.

The Wii U was NOT an experiment with its controller. The Wii was an experiment with its controller..... Nintendo saw the success of the Wii
Mote and tried to duplicate it with the Wii U Game pad.... They failed hard. 

Ruler said:
Samus Aran said:

It's selling low lol.

Not as low as wiiu

I'm sure that 10k difference will matter once the holidays come. ;)

Vita is just another victim of Nintendomination in handhelds. Anyone remember the Atari Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Gizmondo?

At least the Wii U will get a successor, Sony is done with the HH market thanks to the Vita.

sabvre42 said:
mysteryman said:

Says the guy with no person personal experience with the device ... and therefore doesn't know what hes talking about :)

*** Note: Also the guy that referenced an article that was before the last 2 major Playstation firmware patches (on both PS4 and Vita), and quotes a piece that has long since beeen changed.

Nice try buddy, I've got a Vita, and there's another along with 3 PS4's in my house.

How much time have you spent on the Wii U?