Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Game You Regretted Buying

Ever regretted buying a game?

Yup, sadly... 156 90.70%

No! I'm better than all of you! 16 9.30%

Total:172
Mike_L said:
97alexk said:

Assasinss Creed 3 and call of duty for Wii U

Definitely AC3 for me as well. I've tried to get into that game a few times but I'm insta bored. Weird because AC2 is one of my favorite games from 7th gen. AC3 brings nothing new and what it has is worse than its predecessors. I guess that's what you get for buying a game with tree "climbing" as its biggest new feature.

Opposite for me. I loved AC3. Especially the combat and ship battles :)

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
Justagamer said:

There's quite a few games I wish I didn't buy, for various reasons, mostly that I didn't end up playing them, like shin magami tensei 4, but the one game I regretted buying, more than any other, ever, is gta 4. That game is a gigantic turd, and is why I'll never pick up gta 5, or 6, or 7..etc...

Games like GTA 4 and Watchdogs bored me a lot when I played them at launch but when I tried them again months later I actually enjoyed them quite a lot (at least enough to finish the main story missions). In hindsight for me GTA 4 is a far far better game than GTA V. At least 4 tries to have a story whereas V is just "How to get to $100 million".

San Andreas in HD. What could possibly go wrong...

SpokenTruth said:
Bobbery said:

Yea I know they're all good games but I didn't find any of them fun.

Get out.

Not even Chrono Trigger?

Oh yea forgot to say why on Chrono Trigger. I got like 10 hours in it was ok. The combined attacks were cool but I didn't find the characters or plot interesting. I died on a boss a few times and was like I don't feel like grinding lol. I know I'm noob cause I read that game is easy :p 

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Luckily I got it on the Wii U when it was like $12 off of Amazon.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

alternine said:
Mike_L said:

Definitely AC3 for me as well. I've tried to get into that game a few times but I'm insta bored. Weird because AC2 is one of my favorite games from 7th gen. AC3 brings nothing new and what it has is worse than its predecessors. I guess that's what you get for buying a game with tree "climbing" as its biggest new feature.

Opposite for me. I loved AC3. Especially the combat and ship battles :)

Maybe the combat was better (can't remember) and ship battles would've been great in "Pirate's Creed".

I had just hoped they would further develop the concept of silent assassins. Also Ezio Auditore da Firenze > Edward Kenway ;p

Around the Network

Not sure what the first was. Probably Summoner on PS2. Not a particularly bad game but not what I was expecting either.

Other than that, most games on the Wii that tried to cater for the core, non-Nintendo audience. The Conduit, CoD3, Cursed Mountain etc. They all had issues ranging from awkward controls, poor optimisation or just bland game design.

Biggest regretted purchase though has to be Final Fantasy XIII.

Yes, halo 3. The campaign never clicked with me and found it a very generic shooter. The online was fun but COD4 MW was better so I never got back to halo online again.

Boy, where to start...

Paper Mario: Sticker Star immediately jumps to mind. Mario Golf World Tour as well, and (Hopefully I don't get crucified for this) Shovel Knight. I bought it because I only heard good things, and it just wasn't as fantastic as people made it out to be.

As a kid I loved Zelda, and was a bit ignorant back then so when I saw Zelda 2 I thought it would be more of the same. The massive changes confused and upset me. i am not saying it is bad, but as a kid I regretted buying it.

None, I enjoy every game I buy :) If you asked me what games I regret being gifted though... that's a different story.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD