By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Game You Regretted Buying

Ever regretted buying a game?

Yup, sadly... 156 90.70%

No! I'm better than all of you! 16 9.30%

Total:172
mZuzek said:
TheGreatGamerGod said:

Nice to see someone else who feels the same way about that one (I feel the same about Infinite too).

Huh, that's funny. Thought I was alone on this. The first BioShock, I played it for about 3 hours at a friend's and thought it was okay, but just couldn't get really into it. Despite that, I still thought it had the potential to get me engaged had I played it on my PC with headphones.

That is how I eventually tried to play BioShock Infinite, and wow... what a boring game I thought that was. Played it for about 2-3 hours, and except for the opening 20 minutes, it was really bland in my opinion. And even then those opening 20 minutes were only good because I couldn't stop being amazed at the graphics (I put everything on maximum settings just to see how it would look despite knowing my computer couldn't take it, but to my surprise it actually handled everything pretty well!).

I loved things like the art direction in them and the story wasn't too bad, voice acting was on par and the music in both set a good atmosphere, but I found the games mechanics in both games (especially Infinite) to be horrifically bland, boring level layout after boring level layout.

Around the Network

Hmmm Infinite Undiscovery and Final Fantasy 13 in a heart beat. Regret getting them, and really made me discouraged from even gaming for a small bit.

However I think MGS4 made me regret buying a console on top of the game itself.

Acevil said:

Hmmm Infinite Undiscovery and Final Fantasy 13 in a heart beat. Regret getting them, and really made me discouraged from even gaming for a small bit.

However I think MGS4 made me regret buying a console on top of the game itself.

I remember sitting watching my friend 'play' MGS4, inbetween the 4 days worth of cutscenes. He loved it but for me it was the first game that made me worry games are devolving into films.

FIFA Street for the PS3. What, the, fuck.

Blue Dragon. And the worst thing is I bough a 360 for that. What a letdown.

Around the Network

Mario Party 8.

I loved the previous Mario Party games, but this one didn't ring with me.

I stopped playing it after playing for only about a month.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

When I was young I thought buying Cruisin' USA was a good idea. Boy I was so wrong...

Ultrashroomz said:
Mario Party 8.

I loved the previous Mario Party games, but this one didn't ring with me.

I stopped playing it after playing for only about a month.

Most games don't last me a month lol.

AC4 on Wii U. Can't even return it.

How aboutAlex kid in high tech world?Anyone remember that turd?  Back then you would have a game or two per year so._.