By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Game You Regretted Buying

Ever regretted buying a game?

Yup, sadly... 156 90.70%

No! I'm better than all of you! 16 9.30%

Total:172
Manzeln said:
Boy, where to start...

Paper Mario: Sticker Star immediately jumps to mind. Mario Golf World Tour as well, and (Hopefully I don't get crucified for this) Shovel Knight. I bought it because I only heard good things, and it just wasn't as fantastic as people made it out to be.

Why is Sticker Star hated anyway? Ive never played it so I never found out the reason 

Around the Network

Kirby's Avalanche

Hiku said:

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Was talked into buying it. Sold it after 1 day.

Mario Kart 7: Couldn't play online with my friends. No matter how many times we tried, we couldn't get all 3-4 of us into the same game.

Mario Kart 8: I don't have a WiiU...

Why buy a game if you don't have the system? Especially when the game had a special bundle for said system?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I can't remember the 1st ever in my life, but wow Battlefield 3 was the hugest regret for me last gen.

Hiku said:
uran10 said:
Hiku said:

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Was talked into buying it. Sold it after 1 day.

Mario Kart 7: Couldn't play online with my friends. No matter how many times we tried, we couldn't get all 3-4 of us into the same game.

Mario Kart 8: I don't have a WiiU...

Why buy a game if you don't have the system? Especially when the game had a special bundle for said system?

Sadly that also turned out to be the best bundle for Europe to date, since we didn't get the Mario 3D World bundle for some reason, and as we all know there's no Smash Bundle for the Deluxe model. Had I known that, I probably wouldn't have bought it. But I did because they had that free game promotion along with it, which you had to redeem by September. I greatly overestimated my intent to buy the console by September.

Is the splatoon bundle on your radar or is it not your cup of tea? I mean missing out on the awesomeness that is MK8 is really something.. Well hopefully you find a bundle with a game you want.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

It's extremely rare for me to buy on impulse, so I usually get exactly what I'm looking for, but Quantum Theory is still my biggest regret game purchase to this day... Such a terrible title...

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

StarOcean said:
Manzeln said:
Boy, where to start...

Paper Mario: Sticker Star immediately jumps to mind. Mario Golf World Tour as well, and (Hopefully I don't get crucified for this) Shovel Knight. I bought it because I only heard good things, and it just wasn't as fantastic as people made it out to be.

Why is Sticker Star hated anyway? Ive never played it so I never found out the reason 

It wasn't really a *bad* game, it just was not the Mario RPG I had wanted or expected. And there were some design choices I didn't really like, enemies were super easy but the difficulty spiked at boss fights (for me, anyways). The game just wasn't for me :). 

Manzeln said:
StarOcean said:

It wasn't really a *bad* game, it just was not the Mario RPG I had wanted or expected. And there were some design choices I didn't really like, enemies were super easy but the difficulty spiked at boss fights (for me, anyways). The game just wasn't for me :). 

Ohhh I see. Well maybe someday if it's cheap I'll try it. But I'll probably try Paper Mario: TYD first XD

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronaldo_V-Football

GBC version, I made my parents buy it.. Silly me.

I've really regretted buying advanced warfare so far