By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Game You Regretted Buying

Ever regretted buying a game?

Yup, sadly... 156 90.70%

No! I'm better than all of you! 16 9.30%

Total:172
Acevil said:

Hmmm Infinite Undiscovery and Final Fantasy 13 in a heart beat. Regret getting them, and really made me discouraged from even gaming for a small bit.

However I think MGS4 made me regret buying a console on top of the game itself.

Never played MGS4 (only own the original MGS on PSN) but wanted to get into the games at some point XD is there a reason MGS4 is bad?

Around the Network

Idk about first but recently Star Fox 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Citizens of Earth, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Metroid, Legend of Zelda II. Luckily all those games were cheap haha.

Bobbery said:

Idk about first but recently Star Fox 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Citizens of Earth, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Metroid, Legend of Zelda II. Luckily all those games were cheap haha.

Zelda 2 definitely disappointed me. At the time I always thought Zelda games (top down ones at least) were the same, so I was caughtg off guard by The Adventures of Link

The game Blue dragon was a huge let down especially when you saw the E3 trailers. I really think we are lucky nowadays  to have youtube,twich and others to help us making the right purchase.

There's quite a few games I wish I didn't buy, for various reasons, mostly that I didn't end up playing them, like shin magami tensei 4, but the one game I regretted buying, more than any other, ever, is gta 4. That game is a gigantic turd, and is why I'll never pick up gta 5, or 6, or 7..etc...

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Acevil said:

Hmmm Infinite Undiscovery and Final Fantasy 13 in a heart beat. Regret getting them, and really made me discouraged from even gaming for a small bit.

However I think MGS4 made me regret buying a console on top of the game itself.

Never played MGS4 (only own the original MGS on PSN) but wanted to get into the games at some point XD is there a reason MGS4 is bad?

MGS4 is great game but the cutscenes are extremely lengthy. You should try it though. 

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

97alexk said:

Assasinss Creed 3 and call of duty for Wii U

Definitely AC3 for me as well. I've tried to get into that game a few times but I'm insta bored. Weird because AC2 is one of my favorite games from 7th gen. AC3 brings nothing new and what it has is worse than its predecessors. I guess that's what you get for buying a game with tree "climbing" as its biggest new feature.

SpokenTruth said:
Bobbery said:

You mean lucky all those games are great.

Yea I know they're all good games but I didn't find any of them fun. For Super Mario RPG, Metroid, and Zelda II I just wanted to see where some of my favorite series started off so it was still interesting at least.

Kirby's Epic Yarn was so boring idk lol I really tried to like it. And that narrator acted like the person playing the game was 5 years old it was pretty annoying. The yarn idea was cool at least.

Citizens of Earth I didn't get that far in but I guess I wanted that Earthbound magic but the game didn't cut it for me. I'll try it again I think when I finish my current backlog. 

Star Fox 64 was my first rail shooter I guess I just don't like the genre. The atmosphere of the game was cool though.

Man I have bought so many turds through the years but the first I remember was the power Rangers arcade style fighter on genesis. I beat in probably less than fifteen minutes my first try. I almost felt like my parents were robbed. WTF!

Probably more games than I can count. I tell ya, when I have a kid, I'm not letting him just get whatever game he points at without knowing more about it first.

RPG Maker was a pretty big one. Took forever to track down a copy, and it was expensive, and I didn't even ALMOST figure out what I was doing with it.