By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is so close to 50% market share I can almost taste it

Aeolus451 said:

Well, aren't you full of rainbows and sunshine. Obviously a lot of PS fans will rejouce and it will be easier for PS4 to get more exclusive games.

No, let´s be honest, a lot of fans will rejouce because they feel like they are winning an invisible war. And a tiny minority will think about that ^

And at the best scenario what is going to happen is that some multiplatform games are going to stick only on ps4, and not coming to any other platform as they would if the marketshare was more balanced. But of course, I know that would make happy a lot of people.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh, and now you have a new opinion. One that says that your opinion is a correct fact. Interesting.
I´ll give you the first point though, there´s speculation on my opinion, that´s a fact. Everything else, is your opinion.

And let´s stop this here, please, it´s getting funny in a bad way.

Saying "it´s getting funny in a bad way." is an attempt to deflect the argument and make me doubt my previous claims because you have no rebuttal. Unfortunately for you, I am completly assurred in my stance. Since any one can simply search the terms I used and find the definitions I cited.

If you had any counter, you would have employed them, explaining how it wasn't downplay or bias. But you failed to do so. You even conceded that I was correct in my assertion of speculation.

You further attempt dismisal, by incorrectly claiming that the bolded is an opinion as well. 

Because EVEN if you disagree with that my claim is a fact, the statement itself cannot be an opinion. 

Disagreeing with a fact does not make it any less factual.

The only way a fact can be shown to be incorrect is by disproving it, something you did not do.

The only way to show the fact is not objective, is to point out the subjective assertions within the claim itself.

You have done neither.

The only way you can endeavor to do this is

*prove how your claim contains no Bias, because my claim was that Bias exists in your claim(which is not the same as describing that Bias, something that would be an opinion)

*prove how your claim does not Downplay, which will be really hard because "relevant" is a synonym for importance, which is what the defintion of downplay involves.

On a sidenote: Don't take this personal, I just call it like I see it. (Objectively, in this case). Especially, when people make paragraphed claims. Few people are actually prepared to back up what they say. And rely on repeated tactics of dismisall, deflection, Ad Hominem attacks etc.

Hey man just call a spade a spade and move on. He obviously won't listen to reason lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

On a sidenote: Don't take this personal, I just call it like I see it. (Objectively, in this case). Especially, when people make paragraphed claims. Few people are actually prepared to back up what they say. And rely on repeated tactics of dismisall, deflection, Ad Hominem attacks etc.

I would be pleased to argue with you if my ability with the language was a little bit better. By now I´ll have to spend an hour to back everything you try to say. And dont take it as an offense, but you are being very pedantic on your last coments, and I find that very annoying to be honest.

Only the fanboys will be happy about this PS4 win, it still has yet to generate great games.

Less competition actually mean less pressure on developers to make great games.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Goodnightmoon said:
Aeolus451 said:

Well, aren't you full of rainbows and sunshine. Obviously a lot of PS fans will rejouce and it will be easier for PS4 to get more exclusive games.

No, let´s be honest, a lot of fans will rejouce because they feel like they are winning an invisible war. And a tiny minority will think about that ^

And at the best scenario what is going to happen is that some multiplatform games are going to stick only on ps4, and not coming to any other platform as they would if the marketshare was more balanced. But of course, I know that would make happy a lot of people.

Ah so in other words you agree for the most part.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I would be pleased to argue with you if my ability with the language was a little bit better. By now I´ll have to spend an hour to back everything you try to say. And dont take it as an offense, but you are being very pedantic on your last coments, and I find that very annoying to be honest.

Don't bother, We can just come to an understanding now. Besides, I'm playing video games, so I don't really care anymore :3

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

yvanjean said:
Only the fanboys will be happy about this PS4 win, it still has yet to generate great games.

So you're saying that alot of PS fans will be happy? Please elaborate further.

Hiku said:

I mean what other examples do you have of this happening to a console? PS4 has only been out for 1.5 years, so I don't think that's a good indication as a lot of things can change over the years.

As for the bolded part, I don't think that's logical for PS4's situation. Sony have planned and begun development for all the games that are currently out before PS4 launched. Meaning they planned all this before they knew how successful it would become. So there's no logical reason to think they became arogant. So what you're seeing now is not a sign of that.

Further supporting that is the recent news that Sony plan to "Aggressively invest in Playstation business".
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/04/30/sony-plans-to-aggressively-invest-in-playstation-business-first-party-games-and-more-in-2015/

You also have to account for all the exclusive deals that Sony have arranged for themselves It's looking better and better each month on the Japanese games front, and that doesn't scream lazy to me.

As for its current situation though, I'll compare it to what noteworthy titles PS3 had after 1,5 years.

PS3 had: Resistance, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted.

PS4 has: Killzone, Infamous 3, Driveclub, Litte Big Planet 3, Guilty Gear Xrd, The Order, Bloodborne, and as for in Japan, Yakuza Isshin, Yakuza Zero, Dragon Quest Heroes, Disgaea 5.

I'm probably forgetting some games, and I'm not sure which games they invested in or not when it comes to third party titles that stick to Sony, but either way it doesn't look that different to me.

I would say Nintendo, they become lazy and a bit arrogants on the last years of Wii.

And of course, Sony on the first ps3 years was arrogant, seling a 600$ console with very few good titles and many remakes. I dont think that ps4 has started a lot better on the quality of its games, all those games had being mostly disapointing (they didn´t reach the quality expected, specially at launch), only Bloodborne really stands up (sadly nobody cares about Guilty Gear, i like it though) the third parties are doing all Sony´s work, Sony is being underwhelming, and this time they are selling fine anyways, so I´m not sure if Sony will stand lazy for the rest of the generation, they dont have a ps3 situation anymore, they are going to sell anyways.

And of course let´s not talk about the Vita, because the words lazy, arrogant and disapointing are the first that comes to my mind. Poor orphan console, it could have been great but...

Aeolus451 said:
yvanjean said:

The golden rule always been software will push hardware.... in PS4 case hype as fuel tons of hardware sale. 

Success like Sony is having does come at a price, there really no pressure on Sony to deliver quality software. They're already a major success. 

yvanjean said:
Aeolus451 said:

The golden rule always been software will push hardware.... in PS4 case hype as fuel tons of hardware sale. 

Success like Sony is having does come at a price, there really no pressure on Sony to deliver quality software. They're already a major success. 

The PS4 is not selling this well on just hype. It's a combination of things. That's pretty obvious.  The PS2.

It takes years to build a sizable game library and it sold well before it's game library was large.  60 million shipped in it's first 3 years. 100 million shipped by it's 5th year. After that it took 7 years to move 55 million. More consoles were sold in it's first half when it's game library was the smallest than when it's game library was it's largest.

The actual golden rule has always been the promise of future software will push hardware. 

Sony doesn't need pressure to deliver quality software. It will deliver it regardless.