By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is so close to 50% market share I can almost taste it

Goodnightmoon said:
alternine said:

More marketshare = More investing in games

If you want to believe that...

Well, the bigger the PS4 market share  the harder it becomes for MS to moneyhat games and by harder I mean the moneyhats become more expensive.

It's a good way to put it.

Around the Network

It would have already pass 50% VGChartz sales havent gone passed march yet its now may 1.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Well, then you are having an opinion about my opinion. And I disagree with your opinion about my opinion btw

Well, Technically...

None of those terms are opinions.

Speculation is a theory or conjecture without firm evidence. You do not have evidence of how Sony finacials are set up to determine a reasonable guess of how they would react. A speculation is not just a guess, but a baseless guess. And since your paragraph didn't reference any firm evidence, then it is by definition Speculation.

Bias is an inclination of temperament or outlook to present or hold a partial perspective. Although I don't have any subjective(and solid) evidence on what that bias and so would be biased myself in describing that bias. Simply identifying that a Bias exists is an objective act in and of itself. Furthermore it is easy to tell because of your valuated claims such as "ps4 is not the center of the universe" and "company gets everything doing... mostly nothing". Insinuating that company(Sony) did nothing to get everything, discrediting it as though its on prospectives depends on its competiton is a valuated claim.

In addition you admited it was your opinion, so that presupposes Bias.

Downplay is the only term that could be argued as an opinion because it relies on the considered importance of said object being downplayed. However, I can objectively claim you are downplaying, commiting the action of downplaying, because of terms you used like "not as relevant" and "not as impressive".

So no. It is not an opinion about your opinion. It is a succint description about your opinion. Sure you can subjectively disagree with it, doesn't mean it is not an objective and correct fact.

Oh, and now you have a new opinion. One that says that your opinion is a correct fact. Interesting.
I´ll give you the first point though, there´s speculation on my opinion, that´s a fact. Everything else, is your opinion.

And let´s stop this here, please, it´s getting funny in a bad way.

Azuren said:
sales2099 said:
Dr.Vita said:
Congratulation to Sony, the biggest, greatest and best game developer in the world.
Playstation is always the winner!!!

We just gonna pretend the 7th gen didn't happen? Let's not burn the history books just because it doesn't agree with you. History is your friend and we can always learn from it! :)

So we're going to pretend the PS3 hasn't sold more than Xbox 360, despite the former stumbling out of the gates and the latter having a one year headstart? Or were we going to pretend that the PS3 doesn't continue to globally outsell 360?

And to expand on that, the PS3 had an insane variety of First Party titles that were fantastic?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Goodnightmoon said:

This is what is going to happen when PS4 gets the 50%:

Nothing.

Well, aren't you full of rainbows and sunshine. Obviously a lot of PS fans will rejouce and it will be easier for PS4 to get more exclusive games.

Around the Network

50% for a Playstation console = heaven. Just like the other eras. Damn, even the PS3 had a lot of quality games that couldn't be played anywhere else, maybe just not as many as the previous consoles.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Goodnightmoon said:

This is what is going to happen when PS4 gets the 50%:

Nothing.

I would actually argue that developers who make games of genres that don't perform well on the XBO will just make their games for the PS4. This is especially true for 3rd party Japanese developers. As for 3rd party western developers, they'll still make games for both consoles, but the PS4 will get special treatment via bundles a la Batman: Arkham Knight.

This almost feels as if I've won an oscar.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I can't figure out why Sony Playstations are so popular relative to their competition.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Goodnightmoon said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Well, Technically...

None of those terms are opinions.

Speculation is a theory or conjecture without firm evidence. You do not have evidence of how Sony finacials are set up to determine a reasonable guess of how they would react. A speculation is not just a guess, but a baseless guess. And since your paragraph didn't reference any firm evidence, then it is by definition Speculation.

Bias is an inclination of temperament or outlook to present or hold a partial perspective. Although I don't have any subjective(and solid) evidence on what that bias and so would be biased myself in describing that bias. Simply identifying that a Bias exists is an objective act in and of itself. Furthermore it is easy to tell because of your valuated claims such as "ps4 is not the center of the universe" and "company gets everything doing... mostly nothing". Insinuating that company(Sony) did nothing to get everything, discrediting it as though its on prospectives depends on its competiton is a valuated claim.

In addition you admited it was your opinion, so that presupposes Bias.

Downplay is the only term that could be argued as an opinion because it relies on the considered importance of said object being downplayed. However, I can objectively claim you are downplaying, commiting the action of downplaying, because of terms you used like "not as relevant" and "not as impressive".

So no. It is not an opinion about your opinion. It is a succint description about your opinion. Sure you can subjectively disagree with it, doesn't mean it is not an objective and correct fact.

Oh, and now you have a new opinion. One that says that your opinion is a correct fact. Interesting.
I´ll give you the first point though, there´s speculation on my opinion, that´s a fact. Everything else, is your opinion.

And let´s stop this here, please, it´s getting funny in a bad way.

Saying "it´s getting funny in a bad way." is an attempt to deflect the argument and make me doubt my previous claims because you have no rebuttal. Unfortunately for you, I am completly assurred in my stance. Since any one can simply search the terms I used and find the definitions I cited.

If you had any counter, you would have employed them, explaining how it wasn't downplay or bias. But you failed to do so. You even conceded that I was correct in my assertion of speculation.

You further attempt dismisal, by incorrectly claiming that the bolded is an opinion as well. 

Because EVEN if you disagree with that my claim is a fact, the statement itself cannot be an opinion. 

Disagreeing with a fact does not make it any less factual.

The only way a fact can be shown to be incorrect is by disproving it, something you did not do.

The only way to show the fact is not objective, is to point out the subjective assertions within the claim itself.

You have done neither.

The only way you can endeavor to do this is

*prove how your claim contains no Bias, because my claim was that Bias exists in your claim(which is not the same as describing that Bias, something that would be an opinion)

*prove how your claim does not Downplay, which will be really hard because "relevant" is a synonym for importance, which is what the defintion of downplay involves.

On a sidenote: Don't take this personal, I just call it like I see it. (Objectively, in this case). Especially, when people make paragraphed claims. Few people are actually prepared to back up what they say. And rely on repeated tactics of dismisall, deflection, Ad Hominem attacks etc.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank