By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to "aggressively invest" in PS business in 2015

Yoshida is probably a god in the company right now.

Around the Network

Sony to buy Capcom confirmed!

Kojima to join Sony and lead a Syphon Filter reboot confirmed!

Ali_16x said:
yvanjean said:
Hopefully they invest in new IP's rather then marketing deals.

Why? I'm sure most of the multiplatform games will sell more than a few PS4 exclusives combined. I hope they get more marketing deals because it will mean more money for them.

Yes, of course, and following that logic games like Bloodborne would never exist.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Ali_16x said:

Why? I'm sure most of the multiplatform games will sell more than a few PS4 exclusives combined. I hope they get more marketing deals because it will mean more money for them.

Yes, of course, and following that logic games like Bloodborne would never exist.

Except the money they'll get from the deals will allow them to invest in new IPs :).

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

NewGuy said:
Sony to buy Capcom confirmed!

Kojima to join Sony and lead a Syphon Filter reboot confirmed!

A New Syphon Filter needs to hapen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I imagine they are referring to a PS4 Slim model (which will let them slash price) as well as the oncoming Morpheus VR Headset blowout.

Sony is determined to finish this year strong, even if they had to delay their biggest title till next year. I imagine Sony will have stealth releases similar to LBP3. For instance I have a hunch they might go for Gran Turismo 5 Remake this holiday. They will also reveal at least one of their 1st party games in the works, I would put money on GG and/or Bend.

As much as I want them to, I don't see them breathing new life into the Vita. At best they will reveal many Vita exclusives are now cross platform with PS4 such as Gravity Rush 2, Freedom Wars 2, Soul Sacrifice 2.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Ali_16x said:
LipeJJ said:

Except the money they'll get from the deals will allow them to invest in new IPs :).

following your logic .... Sony investor would have an expect return same to the marketing deal and never wont to invest in new IPs.

Sony should focus on expanding their lead and brand while they;re dominating... invest in new IP might get lower return but at least their reach will expand.

Kresnik said:

Vita!

:'(

(Well, at least they said "PS Business" and not "PS4"... so you're saying there's a chance?)

Believe dude, BEEEEELIIIIIVE!!!

This will be a short gen if Sony really wants to run away with 1st place.

Nintendo/MS can easily decide to "flip the board game" by jump-starting a new gen, like 360 did in 2005.

At the rate PS4 will succeed and continue to gain ground, I can see this gen ending as early as 4 more years.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

invest aggressively = moneyhat? we shall see.

I think it means pricecut and getting marketing rights to everything they can.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.