By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to "aggressively invest" in PS business in 2015

kivi95 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

That's why I think their first price cut will be $100 and around E3.

It will be a $100, dont get people who think it will only get a $50 price cut. Don't think we will get it at E3 thought.

Well considering the initial price point ($400) isn't high like the PS3's was, and considering the PS3 is still $250 after all this time, a $100 price cut might be too big this early on. You usually don't want to take a loss on some that is already selling well; the reason Microsoft is doing so in some cases with the Xbox One is becuase they're still lagging behind and have more money to spare anyways. I think a $50 price cut with more aggressive bundling and deals is more likely. It might actually make sense if they're intending to push the PS Plus subscription userbase, because they could easily make more bundles with membership cards.

Around the Network

They're finally making money and they're pretty much selling as fast as they can manufacture them. No corporation is going to leave money on the table like that. At this point there's 0 reason to cut the price, especially $100.

dangerguy said:
They're finally making money and they're pretty much selling as fast as they can manufacture them. No corporation is going to leave money on the table like that. At this point there's 0 reason to cut the price, especially $100.

They aren't close to selling as fast as they can manufacture them anymore.

LordLichtenstein said:
Invest in Kojima.

Listen to this man.

mostly expected of someone to say

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

so it begins

http://gear.playstation.com/en-us/accessories/jewelry/playstation-symbols-modify-watch.html

It's almost as if people forget that businesses are out to make money. I laugh at all these price cut predictions.

Wagram said:
It's almost as if people forget that businesses are out to make money. I laugh at all these price cut predictions.

That's because Sony expect to make like 8 Billion less in the gaming devision. Selling less PS3's/Vita is probably one of the reasons and pricecut possible.

They plan to make a robotic kojima... New hw Project.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They will give a $50 price cut along with free games to make up the value. Probably bundle in 2 first party games and a few months of ps plus.Can't see them throwing away money with the drop of Ps3 abd vita sales.