By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to "aggressively invest" in PS business in 2015

Azerth said:
so it begins

http://gear.playstation.com/en-us/accessories/jewelry/playstation-symbols-modify-watch.html

Sweet! I might get one.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
LordLichtenstein said:
Invest in Kojima.

Listen to this man.

I would be happy enough if someone picks up Kojima and gives him all the creative freedom he needs.

DerNebel said:

Sony Will “Aggressively Invest” in PlayStation Business, First Party Games and New Hardware in 2015

The company plans to invest in expanding users figures by increasing the installed base of PS4 by as many units as possible, and then increasing the subscribers of PlayStation Plus further.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/04/30/sony-plans-to-aggressively-invest-in-playstation-business-first-party-games-and-more-in-2015/

Substantial price cut confirmed. But has Sony actually projected PS4 shipments for the financial year, or are they keeping that projection under wraps for now so as not to too obviously signal an impending price cut?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

dangerguy said:
They're finally making money and they're pretty much selling as fast as they can manufacture them. No corporation is going to leave money on the table like that. At this point there's 0 reason to cut the price, especially $100.

There is one huge reason to cut the price: PS4 is down year on year so far and will continue to be down without a price cut. Sony absolutely does not want to be announcing fewer PS4's shipped in the year to March 2016 compared to the year to March 2015. That runs completely counter to the "grow PS4 install base by as much as possible" statement.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Hopefully they invest in new IP's rather then marketing deals.

Around the Network
PDF said:
LordLichtenstein said:

1. Sony should snatch Hidetaka Miyazaki from From Software and give him his own team partially consisting of employees from SCE Japan Studio and employees from From Software who wishes to join him. He already knows SCE Japan Studio and its people inside out since he spend the last few years working with them on Bloodborne. #SCEMIYAZAKISTUDIOS

2. Kojima will be available for hire after Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is released. Give him his own studio. #SCEKOJIMASTUDIOS

3. Much like Warner Bros. (Lord of the Rings, Batman & Mad Max) Sony should also turn some of their movie properties into video games. I suggest they start with Spider-Man, Men in Black & Ghostbusters.

4. $50 price drop.

5. Increase the value of Playstation Plus.

6. Bring Playstation Now and Vue to the rest of the world.

7. Bring back more "old" IP, while continuing to create new ones.

8. Secure timed -or fully exclusive titles like No Man's Sky and Street Figher V.

9. Continue to believe in Indies.

10. Take your time with Morpheus.

11. Finish The Last Guardian

I don't think Sony has the videogame rights to Spidey.

I would imagine, that it is still with Disney/Marvel, but since they now are collaborating on a Spider-Man movie, maybe they could figuere out a deal regarding the gaming licens

PS4 Slim confirmed?

Sony has a chance to rival Apple, Google, and Mircosoft with the PlayStation brand. Hopefully these investments will affect both PlayStation 4 and the mobile/wearable market as well.

My list of most important things for 2015

1. 4G PlayStation Vita or PlayStation Phone both would need extra system RAM, and a longer battery life, but these would be very smal costs to open them up to a huge market.

2. PS Now and PS Vue available across all of the US, Japan, and major EU territories.

3. Network Service all completely accessable via 4G on PlayStation Vita.

4. $100 pric cut on PS4

5. Huge investment in games for PS Vita, Project Morpheus, and PlayStation 4.

6. PS Now expqnded to play PS1 and PS2 classics.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Entertainment, TV, original content and Oh Yeh maybe some games too- sounds similar to the launch a couple years ago of one of its competitors

yvanjean said:
Hopefully they invest in new IP's rather then marketing deals.

Why? I'm sure most of the multiplatform games will sell more than a few PS4 exclusives combined. I hope they get more marketing deals because it will mean more money for them.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"