By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to "aggressively invest" in PS business in 2015

Thanks Sony. More timed exclusive dlc and timed exclusive non gaming services please.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

This will be a short gen if Sony really wants to run away with 1st place.

Nintendo/MS can easily decide to "flip the board game" by jump-starting a new gen, like 360 did in 2005.

At the rate PS4 will succeed and continue to gain ground, I can see this gen ending as early as 4 more years.

I can certainly see them doing that man... just hope Sony don't lose sight of this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I just hope that means more exclusives.

sales2099 said:

Nintendo/MS can easily decide to "flip the board game" by jump-starting a new gen, like 360 did in 2005.

At the rate PS4 will succeed and continue to gain ground, I can see this gen ending as early as 4 more years.

So a normal 5 year gen then?

Groundking said:
sales2099 said:

So a normal 5 year gen then?

6 if you count WiiU releasing sooner, which actually falls in line with Nintendo having a 6 year cycle.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

This E3 is make or break for Sony (from my perspective; I dont care how many they sells). Its been very disappointing as PS4 gamer. There are two; only two must have AAA exclusives (infamous second son and bloodborne). I should have purchased PS4 in 2016.

daredevil.shark said:
This E3 is make or break for Sony (from my perspective; I dont care how many they sells). Its been very disappointing as PS4 gamer. There are two; only two must have AAA exclusives (infamous second son and bloodborne). I should have purchased PS4 in 2016.

This, except I only count one. Bloodborne.

1: Downloading games from PSN, currently are faster then Live, but the problem isn't directly connected with LIVE apperantly.
2: There isn't much you can do about DDo's, but they can be more efficient at tracking.

3: Destiny? you know that XB Live have gone down due for trafficing on games as well, and Sony have started doing maintenance before every major releases, and it seem to help alot, but there isn't much we can do about trafficing. when a lot of people tries to log on at the same time is exactly how DDOS works. It's so much traffic that a lot of people won't gain acces, this happens no matter what platform you at, Except steam, but you aren't running games through Steam online, it's a direct line with the publishers. PSN got nothing to do with publishers server's either.. so technically the only servers that Sony are responsible are their own for their first party exclusives. I guess trafficing can happen on PC, but i haven't experienced it because i don't play games on PC brand new or at launch.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

sales2099 said:

Microsoft might exit the console market completely focusing on taking back the PC market. Nintendo isn't really a threat at the moment. In all honestly, I think this is the most likely situation if Sony plays hardball.

Xbox One was the test to be profitiable form day one. (Not happening) The Xbox brand isn't worth the trouble with stockholders if it doesn't perform.

Protendo said:
sales2099 said:

Microsoft might exit the console market completely focusing on taking back the PC market. Nintendo isn't really a threat at the moment. In all honestly, I think this is the most likely situation if Sony plays hardball.

Xbox One was the test to be profitiable form day one. (Not happening) The Xbox brand isn't worth the trouble with stockholders if it doesn't perform.

Or they could just start a new gen and reap the profits while Sony is forced to stumble out the PS5 as a response. But Xbox is useful in that it gives MS a consumer presence beyond the PC.

That said, nobody believes MS is foolish enough to focus solely on the PC market. Unless that means a hostile takeover of Valve, and therefore Steam, that too has little chance of success.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.