By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Ori and The Blind Forest the Best Looking Game this Generation? (If not, what is?)

Trine 3 also impresses me btw.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:
Seeing as we already have some future games in here I'd also like to throw Rime and Zelda U (assuming it sticks with the artstyle it has shown off until now) into the ring, both incredibly beautiful games imo.

Rime actually reminds me a bit of Wind Waker HD, only more sophisticated.

It will have taken inspiration from that, just like it has taken inspiration from Ico like Goodnightmoon pointed out and even Studio Ghibli (check out the music in the first trailer, it sounds like something straight out of Princess Mononoke), the point is that the end result looks stunning.

Bloodborne and inFamous SS are some of the most impressive looking games this gen. Both look stunning and have great art style.

Its tough. Child of Light, Bayonetta 2, and Trine 3 all look beautiful to me.

From an art style perspectve I think Yoshie's Wolly World blows Ori away, I love that yarn art style.

Around the Network

In my opinion yes, Ori is the best looking game of all time. Followed closely by Rayman Legends. Yoshi's aesthetic doesn't appeal to me nearly as much. I love the handdrawn look.

Just talking on pure graphics, The Order is the best. Games like inFamous: SS and BloodBorne sure do look phenomenal though.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

These 2 have better artsyle than ori by a country mile IMO.

I agree; and yet they are not the best looking games either; so Ori is very.....................veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery far away from that.

My favourites are The Order, Driveclub, Transistor, Infamous, Rayman legends and Bloodborne.

Heavenly_King said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

These 2 have better artsyle than ori by a country mile IMO.

I agree; and yet they are not the best looking games either; so Ori is very.....................veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery far away from that.

Really?

Such difference you see?

I think Ori beats them by a landslide.