By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sorry Yal But I Detest Baby Park Now! (>X_X<)

Yeah I hate it too. 28 22.95%

Are you insane? Best track is best! 28 22.95%

Worse than Kalamari Desert. 0 0%

Baby Park detest you. 11 9.02%

lol u mad bro? 22 18.03%

Track is made for babies afterall. 6 4.92%

200cc, Baby Park, Frantic Items, Morton Only 14 11.48%

What's with that Kirby face? 3 2.46%

Even worse than original N64 Rainbow Road. 2 1.64%

Dolphins FTW!!! 8 6.56%

Total:122
bunchanumbers said:
And I ended up in last place once when it felt like I was running naked backwards through a corn field. 

Lucky I wasn't drinking anything when I read this, holy fuck... XD

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Like hell.

The rubber banding was insane and the AI characters could spam their abilities (like the star) at will, it was borderline broken.

And this is coming from an SNES kid.

The SNES game had no such thing. Not only did CPU drivers follow a set racing line, they also did so in a set order and at a set speed. So unless the player interfered, each CPU driver would always finish each race at roughly the same time, with deviations being +/- 50 hundreths of a second.

Actually, there was some rubber-banding when the player messed up a CPU driver's race. That CPU driver's speed increased until they had returned to their predetermined position among CPU drivers.

When I smack a CPU racer down to 6th with a shell and five seconds later they've shot right back to ride my arse, that's rubber banding and it sucks.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

When I smack a CPU racer down to 6th with a shell and five seconds later they've shot right back to ride my arse, that's rubber banding and it sucks.

Yes, that's what I addressed in my second paragraph. The simple solution is to play better and you will always be far ahead of all CPU drivers. That way their unlimited items won't bother you either.

Or just not play. :p

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Or just not play. :p

If only everyone had that mindset. I am talking about all the people who think that they are good at Mario Kart games and get screwed out of their deserved victories all the time. In 99% of the cases, they actually aren't good players.

Oh I have no illusions of being a good Mario Kart player. Beating every cup in MKWii and Double Dash is as far as I've gone.

curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:

If only everyone had that mindset. I am talking about all the people who think that they are good at Mario Kart games and get screwed out of their deserved victories all the time. In 99% of the cases, they actually aren't good players.

Oh I have no illusions of being a good Mario Kart player. Beating every cup in MKWii and Double Dash is as far as I've gone.

Wynaut!? I say all you gotta do to be good is be able to wipe the floor with the AI who I don't think has ever been particularly tough. A shame they got rid of the Star Ranks in MK8 that show who's completed this task.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

Wynaut!? I say all you gotta do to be good is be able to wipe the floor with the AI who I don't think has ever been particularly tough. A shame they got rid of the Star Ranks in MK8 that show who's completed this task.

Basically, when a game gets too frustrating, I stop playing. I toughed it out through 150cc and mirror to unlock al the cars, but 200cc and Mario kart SNES/64 can kiss my arse. :)

curl-6 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Basically, when a game gets too frustrating, I stop playing. I toughed it out through 150cc and mirror to unlock al the cars, but 200cc and Mario kart SNES/64 can kiss my arse. :)

That's understandable, but 64 so easy though! I had recently went back and played it after all these years and beat 150cc without even drifting and was like, yep, this game still sux! xP

Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

That's understandable, but 64 so easy though! I had recently went back and played it after all these years and beat 150cc without even drifting and was like, yep, this game still sux! xP

How can you say 64 sucked man? so disappointed in you right now. Also What's so bad about kalamari desert?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

curl-6 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

200cc is awesome, I can't go back to 150cc now, it's like playing in slow motion.  200cc feels much more reactive and dynamic, rather than simply having to learn your driving lines.  It's more challenging to drive but more rewarding because of it.  Furthermore when you start to get the hang of it I'd actually say it's easier to beat the CPU players than 150cc because you can open up pretty huge leads. I got within spitting distance of lapping the entire field earlier on SNES Rainbow Road until the entire back of the pack exploded into Bullet Bills.

I can see the joy in it, but I don't really like it myself either. I find it to be rather chaotic, but also rather boring... : / I can only loop around so many times...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread