By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sorry Yal But I Detest Baby Park Now! (>X_X<)

Yeah I hate it too. 28 22.95%

Are you insane? Best track is best! 28 22.95%

Worse than Kalamari Desert. 0 0%

Baby Park detest you. 11 9.02%

lol u mad bro? 22 18.03%

Track is made for babies afterall. 6 4.92%

200cc, Baby Park, Frantic Items, Morton Only 14 11.48%

What's with that Kirby face? 3 2.46%

Even worse than original N64 Rainbow Road. 2 1.64%

Dolphins FTW!!! 8 6.56%

Total:122
RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:
It was chaotic on the GC, now with 12 players its just mayhem

It doesn't really feel like that. They added rails to the infield, so shells can't go on the other lane.

Well I couldnt follow much of what happened. The whole thing is just a blur.lol

Around the Network

Aka Nuke town

I hate it, but at the same time I have a blast playing on it...

KLXVER said:
RolStoppable said:

It doesn't really feel like that. They added rails to the infield, so shells can't go on the other lane.

Well I couldnt follow much of what happened. The whole thing is just a blur.lol

I don't even bother trying to understand what's happening around me, I just drive on my set path and hope for the best!

Einsam_Delphin said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

This is why I stopped taking MK8 seriously. Unless you're going to turn items off, MK isn't a game for people who are really competitve because there is way too much chance involed in winning. It's a game where it's best to just lay back, have fun with and forget the outcome.

Anything else is just too frustrating.

You actually used to take MK8 seriously?

But yeah in general I don't really care, I was more annoyed by how we kept going to that track over n over.

I grew up playing the first game in the early 90's and back then, if you had skill, you could win on said skill. I had no idea that the series had changed so drastically since then so yeah, I started off taking it seriously. My god, the rage... such rage.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

I grew up playing the first game in the early 90's and back then, if you had skill, you could win on said skill.

That's still the case though!

Horrible, horrible track. One featureless oval over and over, yawnarama.

Einsam_Delphin said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I grew up playing the first game in the early 90's and back then, if you had skill, you could win on said skill.

That's still the case though!

Nah. Back then, the most deadly item was a red shell and it only worked within a short range. Now, not only do red shells heat seek your ass from a mile away but now we have the blue variety and those fuckers... pure, BS.

Baby Park is my least favorite track to play in online... Too random... Even by Mario Kart standards

As for Mario Kart 8 in general... High skill is hardly a determining factor for winning anymore, it only gets you hit with more blue shells...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

AlfredoTurkey said:

Nah. Back then, the most deadly item was a red shell and it only worked within a short range. Now, not only do red shells heat seek your ass from a mile away but now we have the blue variety and those fuckers... pure, BS.

No amount of items are gonna help you if your skill isn't comparable to the other racers though. There is luck factor of course, but skill (both driving and item usage) is still the most important factor for consistently doing well. Also, it sounds like Super Mario Kart was really boring!