By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sorry Yal But I Detest Baby Park Now! (>X_X<)

Yeah I hate it too. 28 22.95%

Are you insane? Best track is best! 28 22.95%

Worse than Kalamari Desert. 0 0%

Baby Park detest you. 11 9.02%

lol u mad bro? 22 18.03%

Track is made for babies afterall. 6 4.92%

200cc, Baby Park, Frantic Items, Morton Only 14 11.48%

What's with that Kirby face? 3 2.46%

Even worse than original N64 Rainbow Road. 2 1.64%

Dolphins FTW!!! 8 6.56%

Total:122

I haven't played the Baby Park track since playing the DS version (played the original GameCube version before that).

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Nah. Back then, the most deadly item was a red shell and it only worked within a short range. Now, not only do red shells heat seek your ass from a mile away but now we have the blue variety and those fuckers... pure, BS.

No amount of items are gonna help you if your skill isn't comparable to the other racers though. There is luck factor of course, but skill (both driving and item usage) is still the most important factor for consistently doing well. Also, it sounds like Super Mario Kart was really boring!

I should report you!!

But yeah, the original MK had good balance (MK DS, too) but at the same time, you were only playing two player with your friend, Todd.  With online, you're playing against the world and while you could consistently beat Todd with your skills, compared to everyone online, you suck.

d21lewis said:

But yeah, the original MK had good balance 

Like hell.

The rubber banding was insane and the AI characters could spam their abilities (like the star) at will, it was borderline broken.

And this is coming from an SNES kid.

PenguinZ said:
Baby Park is my least favorite track to play in online... Too random... Even by Mario Kart standards

As for Mario Kart 8 in general... High skill is hardly a determining factor for winning anymore, it only gets you hit with more blue shells...

O Rly!?

View on YouTube

See what I did there?

That's another thing I like about 200cc, while reaction times for everything else is shortened, you have more time to plan for the Blue Shell's arrival, thus pulling off this classic Mario Kart 7 maneuver becomes more likely!

curl-6 said:
d21lewis said:

But yeah, the original MK had good balance 

Like hell.

The rubber banding was insane and the AI characters could spam their abilities (like the star) at will, it was borderline broken.

So you're saying Peach dropping infinite mushrooms is bad?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
curl-6 said:

Like hell.

So you're saying Peach dropping infinite mushrooms is bad?

It is when I experience her hallucinations of shrinking me to baby sized so I can be run over and cost the race in one fell swoop that makes the blue shell look underpowered.

I love that track! It's a blast to race through. The fact that it's so short and you easily overlap other racers makes collisions and getting hit by random items happen more often.

One of my favorite tracks at the moment.

This track is going to be divisive because it fully embodies the random, crazy, party based nature of Mario Kart and leaves the skill aspects mostly behind. That's the point of the track, which is why the track is inherently divisive.

I had really fond memories for this stage but after playing it now on Mario Kart 8, I'm not really liking it as much...

It's a love hate feeling since I still like the chaos and closeness this course offers, but it really screws up your driving too. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I've raced on it a few times now WW. And I ended up in last place once when it felt like I was running naked backwards through a corn field. Seemed like no matter what I did I was faced with a shell or something. Aside from that one race every other one I was top 3. It really is luck of the draw.